Mesa Quad, midi/ext switch on rear panel???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubidru

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Quad preamp with the 5 pin midi jacks and a switch below the FU-2A jack to switch beetween midi and ext (which I assume ext means the FU-2A). Does anyone know if this is a factory mod or option? I've yet to see another with this switch in the rear so I'm kind of curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man, we might be able to help each other out here! Ive got a MIDI version Quad with that biggish toggle switch you mention and has a label on it with 'midi/ext' or something to that effect. I cant get midi to work on it at all regardless of this switches setting - can you get midi working on yours and if so, how?

HELP!!!!!

Im bidding on a 3rd party midi switcher as we speak JUST to get midi switching happening!!

Sounds identical to mine from what you describe (right down to the cheesy embossed label). I hooked up a Tech21 Midi Mouse to the 5pin midi input, flipped the switch, and it was plug and play. I was also able to map each of the 4 modes to my Rocktron processers and have complete channel switching via midi with just the Midi Mouse as a controller. Do you know what year yours was manufactured? I have no idea why it's not functioning properly. Maybe its your controller. If not, sounds like service is your best bet.

Ok thats good to know that Ive got the same cheesy factory label aswell! I thoght it might have been the previous owner. Yours operates the way mine SHOULD but just doesnt, Ive tried 2 different midi boards that I KNOW work and have sent on all 16 channels but still nothing. I've been speaking with the Mesa repairer here in Australia which has sent details internal photos of my Quad to Mesa to find out what could be wrong but I suspect the Midi board is to blame and just dead. The year on the pwr supply is 1990 so its one of the last before the Triaxis (which I also owned)

Latest posts

Back