Mesa Mark V vs Diezel Herbert

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redchannel said:
we're in the same boat ;)

ya~ let's row the boat ... row row row ...
I want to buy Mark V because of "Lamb Of God", they start to use it now and sound really great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9Hax53GNY
LambofGod-Aug2010_fs.jpg

The best video clip of Mark V in YouTube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJROZqEhIBc
Ch.3 'Mark IV' mode on the Left Channel
Ch.3 'Extreme' mode on the Right Channel

Anyway, I will keep Herbert forever as I could.

The clip from Lamb of God... if they aren't using any pedal... That amp doesn't need any distortion or overdrive pedal.
It has all the gain I need... It's exactly that I kind of sound that i'm searching.
Definition, definition, definition!!!
In the mix, lots of distortion just won't cut it for me!

Rkorn said:
The clip from Lamb of God... if they aren't using any pedal... That amp doesn't need any distortion or overdrive pedal.
It has all the gain I need... It's exactly that I kind of sound that i'm searching.
Definition, definition, definition!!!
In the mix, lots of distortion just won't cut it for me!

But Willie looks fatter now ... :lol:

Having owned the Herbert, VH4 and VH4S; I can say the Herbert will have a bit more brootz. But the Mark V has plenty of heavy distortion; especially CH3 Extreme. Cleans are almost identical, squeaky clean if you are into that. I find the mark V to have a more punchy and focused overdrive. But of course a tweaker like most boogies. With the mark V it is all about the sliders and balance of the knobs of course. Playing with the sliders really opened it up IMO. I sold my two VH4's once I played the Mark V in a GC near me that happened to have one in the sealed off playing room.

ryjan said:
Don't worry. You will get MOP AJFA and Black album tones perfectly with the Mark IV. No pedals needed except a tuner.
Forgot to mention. For a goof I put a TS-9 in front of the mark V and I just got a tone of feedback and too noisy. Just use the amps distortion IMO

I think if you are going to use a pedal in front it depends how much OD you are going to dial in on the amp. I agree there is plenty of Distortion/OD on this amp... but I think the pedals are good if you want to lay back just a bit on the amp but want to also be able to kick a pedal and take it a step further.

Everyone seems to prefer extreme or mark IV for those types of tones ... but i have found huge defined tones by winding out the Mark I mode, it's nothing I can use in the bands that I play in, and now that I am using 34's it's not the same (personally the 34 sound is better suited to my needs) but with the 6L's it was this huge tone that I would just dial in at home and crank it up just to feel the power. It was just great fun to stand there and crank out... but I don't play that kind of music so I could never do it live. Anyway, it really is worth a look. Crank the gain and treble, mid and bass around 9:00 to start... bring the bottom back in with the eq section (the preset works nicely here... dial it way up) and feel the power... so much fun and probably along the lines of what you are looking for.... of course those settings are just a starting point... tweak to taste....

Yesterday I ordered mine... it'll take at least 2 months, which isn't a problem since I still don't have the money to buy it...
I hope that by December (if it arrives by that time) I'll have the money and finally get a decent tone...
My custom guitar has been, obviously, postponed but I hope to get a good sound with a schecter hellraiser...

Latest posts

Back