• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Lonestar 2X12 combo mint

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinskin57

Reaction score
anybody interested? here's the link for pics and more info: http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/msg/1060873433.html

the ad says i won't ship but now i will. at the time i wrote the ad, i didn't have a proper box to ship in. i just bought a mesa tremoverb so now i will be able to use that box to ship. of course, pickup is always ideal for both parties when possible. i live in massachusetts.

Hey, out of curiosity, for what reason(s) are you going with the T-verb over the lonestar?

I had a T-verb, and traded it for a deal I couldn't pass up (even for a '85 JCM800 AND a "59 Bassman re-issue)

I am now using both a Mark IV and A Rectoverb, but selling both, and debating between another T-verb, a lonestar, and a Roadster.

for what reason(s) are you going with the T-verb over the lonestar?

the distortion in the lonestar is not as aggressive as i like. too classic-rock-ish.

I think the roadster kills the TOV. I have owned both

well it must be nice to be so enlightened. how nice for you! i don't own a roadster but shopped them for a while, finally got to play one and it left me flat. sounded good, but not for THAT price. i'll admit i'm no tech, but i can say with some confidence that the tverb (and other mesa's of that era) is built better than the today's mesa amps- including the roadster. things that jump out at me are all the board-mounted preamp tubes, plastic tube sockets, multiple (plastic!?) jacks connected to pcb's, etc. not on my tverb though! having said all that, i still think that mesa is at the top of the heap when it comes to build quality when compared to other mass produced amps that are being made today. enjoy that roadster!

What do you want for it? I have a tremoverb I need to get rid of first...the opposite reason as you! Is it V1 or V2? Location?

nremondelli said:
What do you want for it? I have a tremoverb I need to get rid of first...the opposite reason as you! Is it V1 or V2? Location?

a very fair $1175. it's currently on ebay w/a starting bid of $1150. it's got 2 days left and about 25 people have it on their watch lists. if i don't like where bidding is at within the final 2 hours of the auction, i might take it down. getting tired of all the low-ballers on ebay.

I thought eBay didn't let you take it down once the auction went under 12 hours...you may want to check and make sure you don't get caught off guard

JAZZGEAR said:
I thought eBay didn't let you take it down once the auction went under 12 hours...you may want to check and make sure you don't get caught off guard

unless it's something new, i've never run into that problem. thanks for the heads-up though.

Latest posts

Back