Mesa hardwood finish

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahoner

Reaction score
Does anyone know what type of finish is on the older Mesa hardwood cabs?

I thought that they were a tung oil type finish.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the response and link Chris.

The link definitely has some good points, but I remember Mesa offering Brazilian Walnut and Mahogany as a hardwood option back in the early 80's.

Yes great information. Couldn't have come at better time for me. I will be receiving all the parts for a Bubinga 2x12 cab I am assembly and finishing next week. I found someone to do all the dove tail corners and plain all the wood to size. I just have to assemble and finish it. I am going to do a cane grill cover and found matching cane to my head that came last week. I will post pictures in a couple of weeks once it is done I will try and take progress pictures you might find interesting.

908ssp said:
I will post pictures in a couple of weeks once it is done I will try and take progress pictures you might find interesting.

Please do! :D

I have lusted for hardwood cabs since...well, I first saw Mesa's back in the early 80's

Hey Alex,

How did the Bubinga hardwood cab project go? Any pictures you want to share? Thanks

-Humphrey

I posted pictures a few times but I am not adverse to posting them again. :D

WhiteDelBoogie.jpg

DSCN1180copy.jpg

DSCN1181copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back