Mesa Electra Dyne or Mesa Mark III red stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmysavior

Reaction score
Hey mates.... throwing the idea around of changing up my rig... moving away from my 5153 and maybe back into the Mesa camp. Wondering to those that have played both or heard both in person which one may suit my needs and ear a bit more... The Electra Dyne or Mark III red stripe with geq and simulclass.

I currently play lead in a cover band that covers everything from Van Halen and Journey to Sevendust and Alter Bridge... and all in between. We may be changing our direction here soon but not sure yet.. On my free time Im influenced by the likes of Holmes, Timmons, Petrucci, Sykes, Aldrich, Gilbert, Johnston, Bonamassa, etc, etc... I do need an amp with good loop and with some functionability... but TONE is where its at for me... that trumps all. I used to have a purple stripe geq, simulclass and I liked it... it was just so finicky.. one day at rehearsal it sounded great and huge.. the next a bit thin and fizzy...seemed to change day to day without me even touching it..lol. I have no experience with the Electra Dyne but seems like a fairly simple amp with some great tones in it... and more British voiced which I tend to lean towards more. Ive had many Friedmans, Modded Marshalls, Diezels, Bogners, etc... always find myself going back towards the modded JCM/JMP tone... Dont want to spend much more than $1000 since funds are beyond tight and I know both these amps can be found for around that.

Appreciate any and/or all opinions and input. Cheers

The E-D is a great amp; I owned one for about a year. It just had too much horsepower for my needs, and the abundant bass shook the bloody pictures off the wall! For lead playing, I'd agree with dlpasco and the Mark III.

It's not uncommon (in my experience) for Marks to sound very different day-to-day. I found if I play it long enough in a single session, the tone returns.

Latest posts

Back