Mesa Dynawatt 20/20 VS Marshall EL84 20/20

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

Reaction score
I've kinda given up on getting a simul class power amp as it's ridiculously expensive for me right now, so I'm considering something a bit smaller. I do have a chance of acquiring a said Marshall but I'm unsure which one would be better paired with my Quad.

Thoughts?

I can't say two words about the Mesa Dynawatt 20/20, but I can say the Marshall el84 20/20 is a seriously good pro quality power amp. I can't imagine that it wouldn't sound great with a Mesa Quad preamp.

that's funny i don't know about their current production but in the past i was warned against the marshall 20 watt tube power amp as in it falls apart and runs to hot.

In my experience, Mesa Simulclass power amps don't seem to go for very much more money than the 20/20s...

Not in Norway. The said Marshall (used) costs around 3000kr, while the Simulclass 295, also used is 7000. Big difference.

nomad100hd said:
that's funny i don't know about their current production but in the past i was warned against the marshall 20 watt tube power amp as in it falls apart and runs to hot.

That may be true. I only demoed one in a store with a Rocktron Voodu Valve. I felt it was overpriced so I got a 9100 Dual Monobloc on eBay for far less.

Yup I had a marshall 20/20 and it did run hot and it did cut-out on me a few times at gigs, but the tone was good plus it has the deep switch....but I'm very happy with the boogie 20/20 I have now...So all in all both good but the marshall it a little 'hot head'

Latest posts

Back