• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa/Boogie Midi Quad Preamp with Abacus - SOLD!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlord1974

Reaction score
SOLD!!! MODS, PLEASE DELETE THREAD

Hi All:

Well, the collection has once again grown too large and needs to be brought back into check. Yeah, you know what that means - time to make those tough decisions about what stays and what goes. Here is the first painful decision.....

For sale, I have one of the rare, midi-controllable versions of the 3 rack space all-tube Quad preamp (8 x 12AX7's).

As I am sure most of you are aware, the Quad is separated into two channels sharing one common input. Each channel offers two footswitchable modes (making it a 4 channel preamp) and a pre-assignable 5 band graphic equalizer (i.e., 2 graphic eq's in total). Channel 1 is very similar to the Mark IIC, while Channel 2 is very much like the Mark III - only with significantly more gain available.

Other noteable features include tube-driven spring reverb, a tube-driven effects loop and rear panel external switching jacks (for use with a standard 1/4"grounding type footswitch or a midi-controllable switcher, such as the Rocktron Patchmate or Voodoo Lab GCX/Ground Control).

The Quad is in absolutely stunning condition for its age. Comes with a rare Mesa Boogie Abacus midi footcontroller and cable, also in unbelievably clean condition. The Abacus is phantom-powered from the Quad, eliminating any need for batteries or adapters on your pedal board.

Asking USD $900 + shipping for the Quad, Abacus and cable.

Additional pictures are available upon request if you are seriously interested.

If you are looking for real amp tone and feel in a rack, this is the unit. This preamp has all of the Mesa Mark series tones you could need.

Thanks.

FrontandTop.jpg

FrontPanel.jpg

RearConnections1.jpg

RearConnections2.jpg

Inside1.jpg

AbacusTop.jpg

Tuesday bump!

BTW: I updated the trade possibilities in my original posting. I would also consider a straight trade for a clean VHT/Fryette 2/90/2 and would consider working out a trade on either a clean Randall RT2/50, VHT/Fryette 2/50/2, Mesa 2:Ninety or Mesa 2:Fifty.

Thanks!

hi,

i'm very interested in your quad/abacus for sale. I think i already responded to the craigslist ad... anyway, if you can and still have them please send me an invoice to my paypal account. if you can do $900 shipped that will be cool. I'm in chicago.

paypal: [email protected]

my regular email: [email protected]

thanks,

scott

Back