Mesa Boogie Dual and Triple Rectifier Tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of it is how the clips were recorded, the recto tends to be pretty buzzy as it is and moving the mic slightly I've noticed can change a lot of the sound drastically.

Just out of curiosity, did you listen to any of my clips with the EL34's? They tend to be less fizzy sounding than 6L6s do.

guitarmaster said:
No,Blind Guardian they used Dual Recto in 1994, great live sound. I don't like Rammstein music, but the guitar sound of this band is incredible, I have listened to all their albums, **** their sound is thunderous, do you know the song : keine lust, this is the sound I like, and it's produced by a Dual, or better a Dual and some extra units. I have photos of their rigs,
they use real good compressors (Drawmer) and TC electronics for FX, not a lot of things like the people could imagine!!!!!!!!!! For me Rammstein sound is the best , but not for solos!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I asked was, I saw Rammstein open for KMFDM back in '97. They were using the old 2ch DR's. I was hooked! I'll never forget that show. I had no idea who they were at the time.

It's all about recording...obviously how its done.

There is no way to can replicate the recording quality of a pro studio at home....unless if you're willing to put HUGE sums of money into it.

One of them uses an engl. I'm starting to become impressed with engl lately. I didn't like the ones I tried in the past and don't think they have the options I'm after but they do sound killer when set right.

Sanchez

Latest posts

Back