MESA DUAL RECTIFIER TRANSFORMER

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you'd need a transformer that can do step up it seems like. From what im reading that won't change the frequency from 60 to 50 though so you might want to take it to a technician to get all these changes made unless you also want to get a frequency converter as well.

I wish i knew more of what to tell you but i had to get help from google for even that much so i can't recommend brands or anything but getting a tech to make these changes sounds like it'll save a lot of headaches going forward if theres someone close enough to you that can do it.

With the amp running at 120V with a 4A fuse, theoretically it can consume 480 Watts (VxA=W) before the fuse blows. I would throw in at least a 1.5x safety ratio, moving you to 720W 6A minimum transformer output at 120V.

Frequency would not be an issue, doubtful you could tell the sound difference with 50Hz vs 60Hz.

Theoretically the amp will produce a slight drop in power and efficiency (slower charging caps and a bit more transformer saturation for example), but there is no safety issue.

Dom

Last edited:
Back