Maverick

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werdna

Reaction score
I want to use channel 1 as my rhythm dirty channel, and channel 2 as the lead channel. I want channel 2 to be louder than channel 1 so that my solos cut over the band.

Channel 1: gain 8/10, vol 10/10
Channel 2: gain 5/10, vol 10/10
Master vol: 8/10

Here is the issue. Channels 1 and 2 are just as loud. No matter how much I wind back the volume on channel 1, from 10/10 down to 5/10, it is just as loud as channel 2.

I have tried using the effects loop for a volume boost but it doesn't work once the power amp starts to clip.

There is another issue. They sound almost the same when the volume is high, no matter what I do with the separate EQ on each.

Is there a mod or something that can give me a solo boost?

I look forward to hearing from you.

It's simple.
You are playing loud enough to run out of headroom using a 35 watt amp. With all your volume controls maxed out, the preamp AND the power amp are both going flat out, and there's no more room to give you a volume difference between channels. Even a boost pedal won't help you. Like Chief Brody said: you're gonna need a bigger boat.

So I have run out of headroom. Would I have the same problem if I fitted a solo boost, like on Stilettos, Mark Vs etc?

Does anyone know if a solo boost mod can be put on Mavericks please?

Latest posts

Back