Mark VII front panel - replacement?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwilliams

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a source to easily purchase a new front grille/panel for my Mark VII combo. Mine has the black jute grille. I would like something in a lighter color.

I have not asked Mesa, but I figure they won't do sell that kind of "part".

Yes they will. Email customer service and they can make a grill frame with the covering you want for the Mark VII combo. That will be the higher cost option. It would probably look the best too. Most will remove the grill frame from the combo and remove the grill cloth and replace it. Some look good and some look terrible. At least it has the screws on the outside. Some combos or cabinets have the grill frame secured by screws on the inside. It will be a snug fit due to the piping material but it should come off the combo after you loosen up the screws. Do not remove them all the way as I found using the screws as a pull point helps. Not sure what the timeline would be or the cost. Does not hurt to inquire by email.

I am not one who is skilled at coverings, so I ordered a faceplate from Mesa through customer service to have it made for me. The JP2C used to be all black. Mesa shipped it with the badges already installed. So I have two, one black and the other cream/black jute.

20230729_170556.jpg

I originally wanted to match the JP2C with the Mark VII. Those were on backorder so I got the basic black and tried the faceplate from the JP2C. It fit.

20230803_064754.jpg

Now I can look at the amps and not suffer any OCD impulses. Sure the dye of the jute may be slightly off but that is fine. These are both Mark VII.

20240304_122800.jpg

Thanks. I will send out an email today and see what they have to say.

Good looking gear you have there!

Latest posts

Back