Mark V25 Headphone Out Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitaryzt1985

Reaction score
My Mark V25 came in yesterday and I am loving the sound through the cab. Very nice tones.

However, I have a question about the sound through the headphone out. There is a very distinct farting sound that trails each note, almost like breakup on the clean channel. The bass notes are very farty and compressed. Is this normal? It sounds like it's working properly, but the low E and A strings sound muffled and farty.

gitaryzt1985 said:
My Mark V25 came in yesterday and I am loving the sound through the cab. Very nice tones.

However, I have a question about the sound through the headphone out. There is a very distinct farting sound that trails each note, almost like breakup on the clean channel. The bass notes are very farty and compressed. Is this normal? It sounds like it's working properly, but the low E and A strings sound muffled and farty.

Have you tried a different pair of headphones?

Authorized Boogie said:
gitaryzt1985 said:

I will try that, but I did use the same headphones with my iphone after I got done playing and didn't seem to notice anything weird. I'm not implying that something is wrong with the amp at all, just wondering if maybe I'm dialing something in wrong to get this hint of clipping and farty bass.

gitaryzt1985 said:
Authorized Boogie said:
gitaryzt1985 said:

I will try that, but I did use the same headphones with my iphone after I got done playing and didn't seem to notice anything weird. I'm not implying that something is wrong with the amp at all, just wondering if maybe I'm dialing something in wrong to get this hint of clipping and farty bass.

What is the impedance and sensitivity of your headphones? Thanks!

Yeah the impedance and quality of headphones you are using will make a big difference. Don't get me wrong, nothing will sound better than running through a cab cuz that provides the air that accompanies great tone.

What were your bass settings at? This may effect this as well.

Don't be afraid to run different settings on the headphone out then you do when going through a cab either.

Just like you would most likely change settings if you switched cabs, the settings you have when playing with a cab may not apply when using the headphone out. I know it does't for me.

Latest posts

Back