Mark V revisions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Reaction score
Now we all know there were a few variations of all the different mark amps. Has anyone heard of variations of the Mark V existing? the reason I ask is that my head was made in 09. And since then I know they have switched the OEM supplier for their 12ax7 tubes and Im just curious if anyone has heard of them revamping this amp in any way.

The only revisions so far have been aesthetic, so the circuit has remained exactly the same. The first ones had a bar in the back to protect the tubes, which turned into a silver cage and then a black cage. The EQ light was also noticeably more red than orange on the earlier ones and they slightly altered the mark v logo a few months into production.

rocknroll9225 said:
The first ones had a bar in the back to protect the tubes, which turned into a silver cage and then a black cage.

IIRC, this was to comply with UL specifications which require tubes to be enclosed.

On the early ones the lettering on the face plate was easily rubbed off. I have one of those.

It's nearly impossible to get to. There's a giant transformer in the way and no room to really get your hands in there.
I think I'll just remove the chassis from the head cabinet when I go to change the preamp tubes.

The power tubes are easy enough to get to though.

Brian

im blessed with skinny hands. I dont have a problem swapping V1. The first time I went to do it I thought I was losing my mind. Now its like changing a light bulb. A very oddly placed light bulb.

I didn't have any problem with removing the V1 tube or its cover. I didn't have any problem installing the replacement tube. I then went on to break the tube in half while trying to install the cover over it. :evil: :evil: Lucky for me there was enough glass left to lift the tube back out. Next time I'm just going to leave the cover off of it.

Latest posts

Back