Mark V b ???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a solution for you! Just get a Mark V and send it to me. I will document any problems I have over the next 2 years and if there are any I will let Mesa fix them and after 2 years any problems should be well and done so I can tell you what needed to be done and you can buy another Mark V and send straight to Mesa and tell them to fix those problems in advance. There's your Mark V revision 1 :mrgreen:

Hey man, congrats on your amp! If I had the cash, I'd have a Mark V yesterday. I'm glad you got past the hesitation, too, because with that mindset, you'll never buy anything. If you think Mesas are bad, just look at Apple. They release new versions of their computers and iPhones every single year! Just because a new product comes out, it doesn't necessarily make the previous version obsolete. :)

Congratu-freakin-lations, man!

ifailedshapes said:
Hey man, congrats on your amp! If I had the cash, I'd have a Mark V yesterday. I'm glad you got past the hesitation, too, because with that mindset, you'll never buy anything. If you think Mesas are bad, just look at Apple. They release new versions of their computers and iPhones every single year! Just because a new product comes out, it doesn't necessarily make the previous version obsolete. :)

Congratu-freakin-lations, man!

Excellent points!

Scary makes a very valid point. You are seeing a very skewed amount of complaints about the Mark V. This is the sounding board! Anytime you have any product with the widespread distribution of a Mesa release, especially this one - the long awaited next Mark, there will be a percentage of the recipients who aren't happy. You need to judge for yourself. I have owned a bunch of Mesa's - a Mark I, Mark IV, a Stilleto, a 50/50, etc etc. I currently own a Roadster and the Mark V. I have never had anything except the Roadster popping issue as a complaint. Now I have a Mark V beside my Roadster and I love the pair. The Mark V is a playground. There is so much in there. Yes I changed out the tubes, but I do that on every amp I buy - Mesa needs to make better tubes. I have a Bad Cat - changed the tubes on that as well. If you use your logic of waiting for them to fix all the bugs, you will have missed a lot of fun. Buy the amp, not every decision has to be analyzed to death. The vast majority of users on this board love their Mark V.

Just my $.02

Joe

I hope that they do make a Vb, I also hope that it comes with an additional channel, that takes the Mark series tone even further, and not rehashing the same tones that we have already heard a million times.

The tubes in the last recent boogie purchases made for my group (Brand new RK-II (2008) and brand new Mark V (2009)) have had absolute crap preamp tubes. I'd say Mesa got a bad batch somewhere in there.

I swapped the tubes and no worries.

Latest posts

Back