Mark V 35 mid boost question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosewayne

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in the throws of deciding to go with a much missed Mk V or give the new Mk V 35 a shot and have a quick question to the 35 users.

Using the mid-boost in Clean and Fat, can you get close to tone and feel of the Tweed and Edge modes of the Mk V?
I think I could probably live without the Mark I mode but the absence of Tweed and Edge on the 35 is what has stopped me from pulling the trigger a couple times.
Chances are I won't be able to try one before buying one so any input on how effective the mid-boost is would be most welcome.

I've got a TA30 and a Lonestar Special up on the block. As soon as one of those sells, a Mark V will heading my way.

Thoughts?

I'm right in thinking from the way you worded your post you've had a Mark V before yeah? If so, I'd have to recommend you go for the big one as you'll probably only miss the features missing from the 35. I've never had the pleasure of playing a Mk V:35 so can't help you with regards to the mid boost feature. However, I'm sure it's a killer amp, defo try and trial one before you buy, that's the only way your own ears will know for sure if it'll do what you want it to.

Just my 2 bob worth...

Yep, you are right.
I thought I'd downsize my rig a couple years ago and sold my Mark V.
Both the TA30 and Lonestar Special are excellent amps in their own right. I wish I was a wealthier man and could keep them both, but one has got to go.
Alas, I really came to miss the Mark V and all the power and glory that comes with it.
Thanks for the advice!
That is the direction I am leaning towards.

Latest posts

Back