Mark V 25w Mini Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My full sized V sounds great through an open backed 1x12 (celestion gold)

elvis said:
Authorized Boogie said:
elvis said:
Hey Authorized Boogie! What's the recommended best cab/speaker to go with the V 25?

It really works well with just about anything! We've really enjoyed it with a Theile 1x12, Mini Recto 1x12, Vertical 2x12, and of course the Recto 4x12!! Thanks!!

Looks like all closed-back. Is that a recommendation in itself?

Yes, I get that it will be useable with pretty much anything, and personal tastes and all that. In particular, which was it really designed for? There must be a cab that it was voiced for. MC90? V30? Fillmore? Closed back? Open back? There must be a "that was what we really wanted it to sound like" cab.

In addition, which would be the best choice for a 1x12 cab (if the answer to the previous is NOT a 1x12)?

Not necessarily! Open back cabs work well, too...we just find that the closed back cabs excel under high gain. Thanks!

Great discussions about "best cab choices" for the Mini Mark, and thanks for chiming in Authorized Boogie!
I own a Mesa 1x12 widebody closed back, front ported cab that I use as an external cab with my Mark V combo. The combination truly sounds huge and awesome!!
I have also used my 112 widebody cab with several other amps and it really sounds great. Very good bass response with nice mids and highs that project very well from this easily portable cab!
I know which cab will be my first choice upon receipt of my new Mark V - 25w upon receipt and can't wait!! :mrgreen:
If my 112 widebody cab doesn't do it for me with this amp (unlikely), I also own a 212 recto cab (should sound great through this too) and a few other choices.

Right now I have my 112 widebody 3/4 open back cab and my new 212 Recto cab to try with this. I'm going to see which sounds better with this amp to my ear, then order a matching cab like my Rectoverb 25.

BTW, my custom Mark V:25 is at 8 weeks lead time right now, apparently Mesa didn't expect the Mark V:25 to be as much of a success initially as it turned out to be. So it will be a wait to get these it seems, can't wait though. :)

Steve Naples said:
Right now I have my 112 widebody 3/4 open back cab and my new 212 Recto cab to try with this. I'm going to see which sounds better with this amp to my ear, then order a matching cab like my Rectoverb 25.

BTW, my custom Mark V:25 is at 8 weeks lead time right now, apparently Mesa didn't expect the Mark V:25 to be as much of a success initially as it turned out to be. So it will be a wait to get these it seems, can't wait though. :)

Did you order one of the custom wood shells

Steve Naples said:

Can't wait to hear what you think of it once you've had some live time with it!

Steve Naples said:

Just about any custom order is typically 8-10 weeks, with hardwoods running 14-16 weeks. Keep in mind we are a relatively small shop making many different models. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I have a question. If I had my rectoverb 25 combo and put the mark v 25 on top of it. Could i then use say something like the Radial headbone to switch between the 2 amps? but going through the same speaker.

Not that I would do that but wouldn't it be good to go from a great recto sound to a Mark sound through the same speaker without lugging an extra speaker cab. Or would you not recommend this?

A dealer in Connecticut is expecting to have his first batch next week, any truth to that?

ReIgnition said:
A dealer in Connecticut is expecting to have his first batch next week, any truth to that?

If they were one of the first to put an order in it's possible. Realistically for most stores they won't arrive until mid October. That's if everything goes to plan. :D

Authorized Boogie said:
jamme61 said:
4406cuda said:
I wish they would of used different power tubes, like 6V6's.

agree 6v6 would have been great. el84's compress to much - maybe it was to save space - to bad

This is actually opposite of 6V6 vs EL84...6V6's compress too much and flub out under high-gain, which make them less than optimal in this circuit design. Thanks!

Exactly!! I have a Blue Angel 2x10 combo and when it's on 6v6s setting it sounds AMAZING for clean and semi clean tones at manageable volumes and for some especific types of music (blues, pop and even traditional rock), but it absolutely su%ks for high gain tones. if i throw in a metal type pedal in front sounds like poo!! whereas otoh when I switch to EL84 tubes he turns into a raging rock machine (and waaaaay louder).

Different types of tubes for different flavours and imo for the traditional Mesa heavy tone in a small package, the EL84s are the perfect choice. my 0.02.

it is me or this just rocks! :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmMsvJpzYbQ

:twisted:

Alan.

Hell yes!!
One doesn't have to be a metal guy to appreciate the incredible versatility of the Mark V!
I am certainly not a metal guy either, and love the sounds offered in my big Mark V (cleans, semi cleans, classic distortion, and rip your head off).
I fully hope to achieve a similar versatility of great sounds offered from the Mini Mark with the smaller format.
I believe that will be the case and can't wait for delivery!! 8)

If this amp had Fat and Tweed instead of Fat and Clean this amp would so be mine :cry:

Still pretty cool though

So which is better for low volume playing (e.g. bedroom level); Mark V or Mark V:25?
Would love for more demos of this little amp and what it can do. Loved the type of demo JP did of original Mark V.

Tanax said:
So which is better for low volume playing (e.g. bedroom level); Mark V or Mark V:25?

Ironically, for that particular purpose, I believe the 'full' MkV would be better.

Because of the Output knob.

Latest posts

Back