Mark Tremonti tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but his triple recto does a big chunk of his sound....so it might not be that hard to get real close.

wow. where'd you get the new live rig pic? that is awesome.

wonder if one of the bogner's is a backup? and i wonder what he is using the orange for. doesn't seem like a high enough gain amp for him. oh well, at least the recto is still there.

Since in Alter Bridge Mark has been using Uberschalls and Triple Recto's live for his high gain tones (still uses the Fender Twins for cleans).

On this tour Mark has added some amps. That pic of his live rig is from the first show on this tour I believe. He has since ditched the Orange in favor of a Bogner Shiva. He was using the Orange for his leads and preferred the Shiva for that application.

Myles is running a Mark IV and Diezel Herbert live.

From the videos I've seen they sound awesome on this tour.

Lee Bob said:
Since in Alter Bridge Mark has been using Uberschalls and Triple Recto's live for his high gain tones (still uses the Fender Twins for cleans).

On this tour Mark has added some amps. That pic of his live rig is from the first show on this tour I believe. He has since ditched the Orange in favor of a Bogner Shiva. He was using the Orange for his leads and preferred the Shiva for that application.

Myles is running a Mark IV and Diezel Herbert live.

From the videos I've seen they sound awesome on this tour.

I know about the Shiva. How did you find out?

I read somewhere also that he was using a Heartbreaker, not sure if there is any truth behind that.

I actually just met Mark Tremonti after one of his shows. He wasn't using the Orange, but he had a Randall in it's spot. Also, he stopped using the Heartbreaker because he likes the Fender's clean tone much better. He's a very genuine guy, and it was one of my life accomplishments to meet both him and Myles.

Hey SteelDragon...

did you know that myles kennedy had a small acting role in the 'Rockstar' film? ... If not, he's the guy at the end who Izzy (mark wahlberg) pulls up to finish the gig while he does a runner...

That film rules... "An eye brow ring? thats a major image change mate, you have to consult with the rest of the band before you pull something like that!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've never seen that. worth a look then i assume?

speaking of...i just got a few of the new alter bridge songs and WOW. i'm loving them. i got "before tomorrow comes", "rise today", and "one by one" and i love all of them. awesome stuff. i need to go pick up this album.

I KNEW IT!

For some reason, I got the feeling that there was more Uberschall on the new album and new tone, and it looks like I was right!

There's still recto in there...but if you ask me, the new tone is much more Bogner Uberschall :D

No one has said anything about the overdrive pedal he uses in the video of his gear. Isn't that a big part of his sound too?
Is it really neccesary to use an overdrive pedal with a Recto??

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I KNEW IT!

For some reason, I got the feeling that there was more Uberschall on the new album and new tone, and it looks like I was right!

There's still recto in there...but if you ask me, the new tone is much more Bogner Uberschall :D

He always had an uberschall when he started playing in alter bridge...but his core sound is triple recto. Why is it so hard to admit that you can create the best rock sound from a Recto? Just because people love mark IV...doesn't mean rectos are worthless amps. This whole thing about ...if u have a recto you can't get a decent tone is seriously getting UBERLAME now.

First he was using a Klon Centaur
At the end of the ODR tour he ditch the Klon for an Ibanez TS9
Now for this tour he is using an Ibanez TS808

He also has an MXR EVH Phase 90 and of course, his signature Morley wah.

vertigo_ said:
ibanez4life SZ! said:
I KNEW IT!

He always had an uberschall when he started playing in alter bridge...but his core sound is triple recto. Why is it so hard to admit that you can create the best rock sound from a Recto? Just because people love mark IV...doesn't mean rectos are worthless amps. This whole thing about ...if u have a recto you can't get a decent tone is seriously getting UBERLAME now.

I agree, I can get 90% close to his tones with my Roadster and Mesa Traditional 4x12. His pickups are a big part of his tone.

TheSon said:
Hey SteelDragon...

did you know that myles kennedy had a small acting role in the 'Rockstar' film? ... If not, he's the guy at the end who Izzy (mark wahlberg) pulls up to finish the gig while he does a runner...

That film rules... "An eye brow ring? thats a major image change mate, you have to consult with the rest of the band before you pull something like that!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I did. That's funny you ask though. My grandma actually was script supervisor for that movie, so she worked with Myles and Zakk Wylde.

barneyc4 said:
vertigo_ said:
ibanez4life SZ! said:
I KNEW IT!

I agree, I can get 90% close to his tones with my Roadster and Mesa Traditional 4x12. His pickups are a big part of his tone.

+100000000

btw myles a roadster/mark iv user

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artist/art_gall.php?id=734

Roadster owners also have an advantage of getting closer to Mark's tone than 3 channel dual recto/tripple owners.

Blackbird was recorded using a 2 channel dual rectifier and the Roadster sounds closer to the 2 channel rectos than the 3 channel rectos. Its darker sounding.

Mark also darkens his tone with the Uber

I'm not saying he had bad tone with the recto...Mark has always gotten great tones out of his. But this album is different...I think there is MUCH more Uberschall in there...I've spent a lot of time with the amp, and I hear a lot more of its characteristics in there.

Not to mention that he used to have 2 rectos and an Uberschall....now he has two uberschalls and a recto...looks like things have changed it a bit :wink:

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I'm not saying he had bad tone with the recto...Mark has always gotten great tones out of his. But this album is different...I think there is MUCH more Uberschall in there...I've spent a lot of time with the amp, and I hear a lot more of its characteristics in there.

Not to mention that he used to have 2 rectos and an Uberschall....now he has two uberschalls and a recto...looks like things have changed it a bit :wink:

U spent a lot of time with uberschall and recto...and went with mark IV. I thought the idea is to move forward not to go back to the 80/90's

steeldragonjovi said:
TheSon said:
Hey SteelDragon...

Yeah, I did. That's funny you ask though. My grandma actually was script supervisor for that movie, so she worked with Myles and Zakk Wylde.

Thats awesome! ... Personally I consider that film to be required watching for all musicians along with others like spinal tap etc...

STAND UP AND SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT!!!

Back