Mark-O-Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbone

Reaction score
Mark-O-Recto 
I just don't know what's gotten into me lately but I have started anew down the path to the dark side.
I've had a Triaxis G-Force 2:90 Rocktron AllAccess 4x12 rig for well over a decade. I've been dabbling on this board to learn so I read and read and finally I got curious enough to just go try some new gear. Tried the MarkV / Triple Recto / Roadster and they are all awesome in their own right but did not quite fulfill what I was looking for. So I started going back in time reading and looking for some older Tone jewels in the rack world to satisfy my thirst.
I added these pieces recently to my rig....
Quad Q4XX non midi, 8 switching jacks
Dual Racktifier RO39XX black face, black diamond plate with cream dual rectifier logo that matches the Quad paint : )
Voodoo Lab ground control
2 Voodoo Lab GCX switchers
Now I purposely avoided going the loop switcher route years ago because I did not want to integrate a bunch of peddles into my "at the time Live rig" and instead just went for a good fx processor and Midi. However this type of switching equipment is just what the doctor ordered for integrating the features of the older Quad paired with a 2:90 and the Recto Rack.
Right now I'm using a Recto straight slant 4x12 so currently the 2:90 is using one channel mono left, with second channel turned down and presence maxed. Then the recto powers the right side. I think I might like to rewire it for stereo on top and mono for the recto below or corner to corner.... Or add a 2x12 for the Recto rack and put it below or where-ever.
At this point I have the ground control and GCX equipment delivering these core tones on tap
Bank 1 on Voodoo Ground Control

1 Rhythm 1: 1/2 Drive, Deep
2 Rhythm 2: 1/2 Drive
3 Lead 1: 1/2 Drive
4 Lead 1 EQ: 1/2 Drive, Modern
5 Lead 2: 1/2 Drive
6 Lead 2 EQ: 1/2 Drive Modern,Deep
7 Recto Orange
8 Recto Red
9 Lead 1 Solo: Full Power
10 Lead 1 Solo: Full Power, Modern

TC G-force effects for the quad midi assignable per preset. I'll probably add another processor for the Recto

Another cool thing you can do is play the Quad and Recto at the same time and put them in a preset to do so.
Imagine jamming through...
Mark III EQ with 2:90 on modern deep and Recto Red playing through a real recto power section.
The quad can combine it's own channels as well in mode mix.

It's kind of a reverse engineered Triaxis with a huge weight penalty but the Tones are amazing! You got knobs and push pull options to play with and 2 assignable EQ's for the quad and if ya got hankering for recto you don't have to settle cause Red and Orange are on tap.

I still gotta work out some kinks...
Speaker cab rewire? Add a cab?
Additional processor for recto?
Add another rack to house the recto and some other things.
Write new effect patches and dial them in.
But hey I'm having fun, just wanted to share and bounce this off you.

Here's what the Voodoo Lab GCX is doing via the ground control.
Note: Quad the also has a reverb off and reverb boost switch jack, I opted not to use since I have G-force. The reverb is on all the time I just leave it at zero and turn it up if I feel like using it.
GCX#1
Loop 1: Quad Rhythm 1
Loop 2: Quad Rhythm 2
Loop 3: Quad Lead 1
Loop 4: Quad Lead 2
Loop 5: Quad EQ Channel 1
Loop 6: Quad EQ Channel 2
Loop 7: Quad Y cable in from FX send (Loop for G-Force)
Loop 8: Quad Y cable in from FX send (Loop for G-force)

GCX #2
Guitar cable goes in front panel (guitar in) comes out splits out rear panel (guitar out) & (feed through) guitar signal which then goes to Loop 5 and Loop 6
Loop 1: Mesa 2:90 1/2 Half Drive
Loop 2: Mesa 2:90 Modern
Loop 3: Mesa 2:90 Deep
Loop 4: To be determined
Loop 5: Guitar in/send to Quad
Loop 6: Guitar in/send to Recto
Loop 7: Recto Channel Select
Loop 8: Recto FX Loop switch

One hell of a vast setup you got there, man, good stuff. How many roadies do you have? :lol:

Looks good in the post, let's hear it! It's got to be a ton of fun to play!

I run my IIC+/Recto Rack or Tri/2:90/Recto Rack together all the time and it sounds killer. I actually use 2 Recto 2x12's. The top cab runs mono if I'm using the IIC+ or stereo if I'm using the Tri/2:90. The bottom runs mono with the Recto Rack at all times. Both set-ups blend together really well and I rarely run them individually.

srommes said:
I run my IIC+/Recto Rack or Tri/2:90/Recto Rack together all the time and it sounds killer. I actually use 2 Recto 2x12's. The top cab runs mono if I'm using the IIC+ or stereo if I'm using the Tri/2:90. The bottom runs mono with the Recto Rack at all times. Both set-ups blend together really well and I rarely run them individually.

That sounds like a fun rig : )
How do you like using the Mesa amp switchers?

I think I am going to Put my Triaxis in a light 4RU rack
And set it up for a more portable rig.
I'm curious about trying a Mesa 20/20 with the deep mod.
I wonder how loud that thing can get on a clean setting?
Triaxis
Mesa 20/20
Fx processor
Tuner
Would be a nice set up probably around 50 Lbs

dbone said:
srommes said:

That sounds like a fun rig : )
How do you like using the Mesa amp switchers?

They've been an essential part of my rig for many years. I have yet to find anything better for switching a multiple amp/preamp set-up.

Back