Mark IV wide body w/celestion - problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaMan

Reaction score
I bought my current Mark IV about two years ago brand new and just assumed that it had the EVM12L like the one I bought in 1992 had. Wrong. When I took it out of the box and started playing with the EQ the celestion would get real "woofy" when I had the lowest EQ slider pushed up - I played around with it and found I had to really back off on the EQ to get somewhat of a decent sound. Well long story short, I found an EVM12L on EBay, as they do not make them anymore. The fit was kind of tight and I had to remove the spacers on the spring reverb but the amp sounds great now!

Anyone else have this problem?

well good thing ur amp sounds great. so what was the old speaker? i know alot of ebay sellers dont always know what theyre talking about when they sell an item.

The old speaker was the stock Celestion that came with the amp. The Electro Voice EVM12L i bought only because there was a good picture and it was from an actual store.

The way I see it, the Mark series was designed to run into a flatter-response speaker. Running it with a fairly eq'ed speaker such as the Black Shadow or a V30 limits the possibilites of tone that you can create between the parametric and graphic eq's.

Latest posts

Back