Mark III black dot w/105 tranny cutoff

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EOengineer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm negotiating the purchase of a black dot simul class head in the 161xxx serial range, and wondering if anyone could generalize when Mesa was MOST LIKELY to have stopped using these in the amps. I know there are always oddities, but generally speaking...

Thanks guys!

I have only seen them in early 15200 range. I have never seen an actual number produced figure that would indicate a cutoff period.
They were left over transformers from the Mark IIC+'s. My guess maybe a few hundred went out with the 105's.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I would imagine that you are familiar with the various mark III revisions given your extensive collection of very cool Mesa gear. If I'm wrong in assuming your knowledge is above mine, the black dot is the first version of the Mark III after the Mark IIC+ was discontinued. It is denoted with a black dot or black stripe above the power cord.

Dave, thanks for your input. I figured the 161xxx would be pretty late in the run to still be using older surplus parts. I believe I've found a 2nd unit in the 151xxx range, and am pursuin that pretty aggressively.

Latest posts

Back