Mark IIC+ - Guide for Dummies

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I've bought tubes from Doug before he knows his stuff. I didn't think that speaker sounded right.

Alrighty, this thread made me pay closer attention to my Mark IIC, and here is what I noticed:

1.) The back of mine has your typical 'MB' marking, but it also has the "I" (as discussed in the original post).

2.) The faceplate says 'Pull Deep' over the Master volume.

3.) I tried the 'Loop Test' tonight, and it passed. In other words, when plugging into the 'Effects Return' jack and switching to lead mode, turning the Lead Drive knob had absolutely no effect on the volume or tone.

So, going by the original posting, this could be a C+. Here's where the confusion starts... The serial number is 116XX.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm dealing with here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vds5000 said:
Alrighty, this thread made me pay closer attention to my Mark IIC, and here is what I noticed:

1.) The back of mine has your typical 'MB' marking, but it also has the "I" (as discussed in the original post).

2.) The faceplate says 'Pull Deep' over the Master volume.

3.) I tried the 'Loop Test' tonight, and it passed. In other words, when plugging into the 'Effects Return' jack and switching to lead mode, turning the Lead Drive knob had absolutely no effect on the volume or tone.

So, going by the original posting, this could be a C+. Here's where the confusion starts... The serial number is 116XX.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm dealing with here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C->C+ upgrade

That's what you'd think, but isn't the C -> C+ upgraded marked as such on the back of the chassis?

BTW, I'm definately not complaining about the tone, whether it's a C or a C+ :D

vds5000 said:
That's what you'd think, but isn't the C -> C+ upgraded marked as such on the back of the chassis?

BTW, I'm definately not complaining about the tone, whether it's a C or a C+ :D

Yes, there should be a + if it was done. The only way to be sure is to pull the chassis and give us a picture

Hey, I just got a mk11c..serial 1211* and it has a i l over the ac line and is a +.. did effect loop check...and it is KILLER..is this an original + or was it modded, cause it seems early according to these records....

Definitely modded...But the lack of a plus leads me to suspect it may be one of those "transition anomalies." To understand better, check the C+ guide and look for the discussion concerning the amps that had half of a + mark (like an |)

I read that..Is it something Boogie did in house before it left or after the fact..I find it curious..maybe I`ll send mesa the serial #..they might be able to find out..but what a killer little amp,,I`ve had several Boogies, this one`s really on it`s game, lol

How much would a bare-bones IIC+ fetch on the market today? A teacher of mine has had one for a while without really knowing it. He says it has no EQ or reverb, and it also seems that it's not SimulClass, as he says it doesn't have many switches. I don't have a serial either, so I can't tell if it's an original or upgrade. It DOES have the plus above the power chord. I forgot to ask if it's a 60 watt or 100 watt as well...

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2c+ with serial number 14403 for a decent price.

Non eq, simul-class, i THINK it say 180 watts on the back but i need to double check it,
EVM speaker, hang tag has MB's initials in a few spots. :)

Anyone care to comment on what this particular beast is? It is friggin LOUD even on 1.
If someone could give me some settings to dial in on this monster to get a nice thick
saturated distortion sound or point me in the right direction to get some I would be most
grateful.

Thanks!

With a humbucking pickup:

Volume1=5-7
Treble=7 (pull)
Bass=2
Mid=4
Master 1=3
Lead drive=8
Lead Master=3
Presence=1-4

Simul Class on.

This will get you a great fat tone and singing leads. Play around with pulling the different pots. NonEq versions are great (I have one), but if you want to play metal, you really need a graphic EQ.

Back