• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark IIC+ and Thiele's FS SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av8or3

Reaction score
Offered here first for those I know will appreciate them are my SRG C+ and (2) hardwood Thieles and (1) hardwood open back 1x12.
The 60 watter is the one that had the compressor built in to it but that was removed with no lingering effects. Below is a letter
Boogiebabies wrote to me outlining the maintenance and repairs he performed when I entrusted him to "bring it up to date"

Hello Jim,

I wanted to give you the info on your IIC+ repairs.

1. Replaced 2- 220uf/300V Filter Caps
2. Replaced 4- 30uf/500V Filter Caps
3. Replaced 2- 47uf/100V Bias Supply Caps
4. Replaced Lead Master with Mesa 250K SPST Switch Pot
5. Replaced .22 cap on Pull Bright on Lead Master with Kemet T110 Hermetically Sealed
and added correct 15K resistor for ground reference.
6. Replaced damaged 1N4006 diode in LDR supply.
7. Replaced 120pf cap for Lead Drive input- Dipped for lower Microphonic Noise
8. Replaced 1000pf cap for Lead Drive Output- Dipped for lower Microphonic Noise
9. Replaced 1000pf cap for Lead Drive Plate Resistor- Dipped for lower Microphonic Noise
10. Replaced 10pf cap for Clean/Lead Channel Input/Output
11. Replaced Two Stand Offs to Metal Type
12. Re-Flowed Solder joints on power tube pins
13. Added Rubber Block to Power Amp board to stop flexing. Factory Fix.
14. Repaired EQ Switching Pop- 68K Resistor from EQ ground to Preamp Ground (Factory Fix)
15. Increased reverb output signal and dwell (Put 220K Resistor back across 1M reverb input for decreased decay)
16. Cleaned and Lubricated original Standby Switch- No Popping present
17. Cleaned Circuit Board Traces with Würth PCB Cleaner
18. Cleaned and Lubricated Presence and Reverb pots with De-Oxit and Fader Lube
19. Sprayed jacks and grounds with De-Oxit
20. Cleaned Jacks with 3500-10000 grit Diamond Abrasives
21. Tensioned all preamp and power tube pins
22. Checked all Resistors and Cathode Caps for drift- All within spec.
23. Bent Reverb Output lug on foot switch jack inward. It was almost shorting to the preamp B+ Voltage
24. Cleaned solder blob from preamp B+ where previous FX-80 voltage was supplied. It was very close to shorting the
preamp B+ rail to ground.

Play Tested: 3 Hours Continuous after capacitor burn in- All functions to spec. No voltage drift.

Plate Voltage in: 473V DC at 115.6V AC Input ) Very High !!!!
Bias Voltage In- PT 1. -48.6 / PT 2. - 48.6
LDR Supply- 13.8V ( 9.4V Lead Mode)

Plate Voltage Out- 446V DC at 115.4V AC Input (448V DC Factory Spec) Perfect !!!
Bias Voltage Out - PT 1. -46 / PT 2. -46 (-46V Factory Spec)
LDR Supply- 12V ( 8.9V Lead Mode)

Note: Your amp may not seem as loud as it used to be. The drop of 27 plate volts back to spec will decrease output power.
Your amp will get a natural compression now at higher volumes as it now has less voltage to draw from. It was using the extra 27V to the power tubes for volume.
Your power transformer runs much cooler now as a benefit of the filter cap change and proper power amp voltages. It will also
be kinder to your preamp and power tubes.

The amp shipped out yesterday. Please feel free to call me after you play test so I can be sure everything is functioning properly.
I returned the 1M pot in the box. If your Volume 1 or Lead Drive pot ever goes bad, it is a perfect replacement part.
I forgot to add a copy of the invoice from Mesa. I can scan or mail you a copy. The total was $52.60 for the filter and bias caps.
The rest of the parts are on me. :)

Regards,

Ed

I think we all are in agreement that Ed does an incredible jobe when it comes to "blueprinting" these amps, and this one is no exception, it really sings.

$1950.00 + shipping on the amp
$400 ea. + shipping on the extension cabs (amp and cabs are all equipped with EVM12L's)

60watterandthieles001.jpg

60watterandthieles002.jpg

60watterandthieles003.jpg

PM me.
Jim

Whats the best way to go about selling a high ticket item like this to someone online? I have a guy who wants me to list it on eBay, take his payment via PayPal and then cancel the auction so that I don't have to pay the eBay fees...wouldn't having him just pay me via PayPal be enough? He has an honest concern about me just taking his money and not sending him anything. As long as I insure it and provide him a tracking number isn't that all that I need to do in order to protect myself from getting burned?

Send him some pic's. If he wants it send him an invoice from Pay-Pal that he can pay. This will
give him buyer protection (based on YOUR reputation with Pay-Pal) and you'll have your money before it's shipped. No need to screw e-bay.

this is exactly my thoughts on this...he specifically asked me to only put 1 photo on ebay and a brief description...I think it is his intention to buy the item and then file a "Not as described" with eBay.

Thanks.

SD Boogie said:
this is exactly my thoughts on this...he specifically asked me to only put 1 photo on ebay and a brief description...I think it is his intention to buy the item and then file a "Not as described" with eBay.

Thanks.

Yeah that was the reason, to screw you with "not as described". What is to prevent anyone who buys an item from eBay in doing that.

Again Dave...there is no need to involve eBay...you receive the same protection through PayPal.

Back