Loud pop when changing channels with foot switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfnguitarz

Reaction score
This just started a day or two ago - have had the amp about two weeks. I am getting a loud pop when I change any of the channels. I am pretty sure I am not using 10 watt mode in any of them(but I am not at home right now to check). Anyone else experience this? I saw a thread where some were changing channels on the back of the amp using the selector and getting a loud pop, but I am talking about the foot switch.

golfnguitarz said:
This just started a day or two ago - have had the amp about two weeks. I am getting a loud pop when I change any of the channels. I am pretty sure I am not using 10 watt mode in any of them(but I am not at home right now to check). Anyone else experience this? I saw a thread where some were changing channels on the back of the amp using the selector and getting a loud pop, but I am talking about the foot switch.

A subtle pop, like most amps.. but nothing loud

I don't get this at all with the footswitch. Even going from 10w to 45w on ch1 to ch2, respectively...which I should get according to the manual. The only way I get a pop is going from 10w to 45w using the toggle on the same channel. Do you get the same pop using the selector in the back?

jb's 52 said:
I don't get this at all with the footswitch. Even going from 10w to 45w on ch1 to ch2, respectively...which I should get according to the manual. The only way I get a pop is going from 10w to 45w using the toggle on the same channel. Do you get the same pop using the selector in the back?

I'll check that tonight when I get home.

Very strange - it's gone away. There is a soft pop, but I understand that is normal. I wonder if it maybe had something to do with the footswitch cable. It doesn't seem like it has a very secure connection.

i've read in other forums that the popping is normal..people have had popping come up in different situations with the amp, always with the footswitch..not sure about the back..my other guitarists' mark V pops channel to channel...that im almost 100% sure of.

Latest posts

Back