Lonestar updates

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyodeath

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to float this question for some who might have had experience with LoneStars........

I see that the amp has been updated for 07 with a 10 watt setting...

First of all i wanted to see if you knew if there were any more updates to the design, as was done to the stilettos last year...

but even more i wanted to see what you guys thought of the improvements...do you think it's worth it saving up the extra cash to get a new LSC, or is an older one a better deal...does the 10-watt option really make this a much better amp?

I have an older one and I am very happy with it. I wish it would have had the 10 watt option when I got it, but I won't be trading mine in anytime soon. If I do anything, it would be pick up a LSS to go along with it. I see posts with guys changing the tubes but to be honest, I have gigged with this three years now and still haven't found all the stock sounds yet. It is a very versatile amp.

I've had the older one and now have the new one. I didn't get rid of the old one to get the new one, btw...I just went full circle back to it.

They both sound the same....and considering the price you could get for the older version (~800 -$1000), it does not make sense to spend the extra $$$ for the 10 watt option. The 10 watts is nice, but it is still loud for Living Room volumes.

I have the new Lone Star head . Sounds amazing but I dont really use the 10 watt option . It would be useful for home use though . There have been no more updates on the Stilettos since the inception of stage II

I have the '07 LSC 2x12. I really like the 10w option; it is a unique sound and allows for manageable volume levels of certain sounds. How much would I pay for it? That's tough; if I saw an '06 for say 1300, would consider it. Much higher than that and I'd go for new.

yeah, that's kind of what i am wondering...i'm sure that the 10 watt option would be cool, noise isn't a huge issue where i live but...but there's a big price difference between a new 07 and a used 06.

Yeah, I can imagine; because the '07 is 'Updated for 2007' and adds 10w Class A it probably has inherently driven down the price for '06 and earlier.

A plus of getting a used. I think the stock colors (which should be easy to find used) were cooler prior to '07.

I have a LoneStar Special and if the 10 watt setting was on the LSC at the time I made my decision, it might have made it harder.

Having said that...I don't think I would have passed on the LSS even if I had thought about buying the newer model with the 10 watt choice. The LSS just sounds too good to me in other ways to pass on its capabilities.

Now, if I were choosing new LSC vs old LSC and I could get a brand new amp with a 10 watt setting for say $300-400 more than used, I probably would pay the extra money to have that choice.

Since I don't own the LSC I can't say this with certainty, but maybe an OD pedal in front of the older LSC gets it as close as most would need it anyhow.

yep, the price of a used LSC is a lot less than a new one, of course...and all the used ones for sale seem to be the older version...so i guess it's a matter of deciding how much i think that 10 watt setting is worth...

Latest posts

Back