Lonestar Special Class A Type Distortion?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe187

Reaction score
I have a buddy who just came home with a Lonestar Special and I am loving that creamy Class A EL84 distortion he is getting out of that gorgeous amp. Have any of you wizards tried or have this tone on your Mark V? If so would you share the settings?

I'd also appreciate your best Fenderesque clean tones if you think you have that down.

I know - buy those amps... I don't want to carry them! :). The **** Mark V is heavy enough...

Well, I've never played the Lonestar special but the words 'creamy distortion' always makes me think of Mark I mode in channel 2. Try that with the gain low and see if that can get you close. Plus, you can use the graphic EQ to tailor the tone more in line with the Lonestar.

Gunnski said:
Well, I've never played the Lonestar special but the words 'creamy distortion' always makes me think of Mark I mode in channel 2. Try that with the gain low and see if that can get you close. Plus, you can use the graphic EQ to tailor the tone more in line with the Lonestar.

Joe

You can get close but even with EL34 on VARIAC just close,to my experience

Roland

Back