Lonestar defector

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcfee

Reaction score
The Lonestar Classic head I just traded had the best clean tone on Earth but I couldn't get comfy with the dirty channel. So, I traded today for a new Mark V and it is amazing.
It will take some time to get into it I think. The options are stunning. Great clean channel also.
i will hopefully have some time today to start experimenting!

rmcfee said:
The Lonestar Classic head I just traded had the best clean tone on Earth but I couldn't get comfy with the dirty channel. So, I traded today for a new Mark V and it is amazing.
It will take some time to get into it I think. The options are stunning. Great clean channel also.
i will hopefully have some time today to start experimenting!
I know Im opening a can of worms but I feel the LS clean channel is better than the Mark V . Ive been using a LS head and a Stiletto head with a head switcher and there is some ground that the V cant cover that these two amps do . Having said that, they are differently voiced amps . I was unrealistic thinking the V could cover everything that two amps do . The V is still an amazing amp and I love it .

Roland Jazz Chorus is a top notch clean amp. I had a 77, with stereo chorus. If you want an unbelievable clean sweet amp with that instantly recognizable chorus, pick up a used Jazz Chorus. Think Pat Metheny. I love my Mesa amps, MKV and Rec, and as superb as they and other tube amps are, that Jazz Chorus Stereo is the shizzle..... and it is also LOUD!!!

I think Metallica uses them, even lists them on equipment used.

The Roland JC is a nice amp for cleans but for guys like me, there is no substitute for fat warm tube cleans (Lonestar Classic or Fender 6L6 amps for instance).

I used LoneStars both classics and specials for the last few years. Now I use Mark V's. To me the V is better for everything, with even better channel 1 clean sounds than the LoneStars. I almost can't believe how great the Mark V is!

Now that I have played this Mark V for a week I am loving the clean channel. It is as good as the Lonestar.

i like the MKV clean better than my lonestar specials was.. never OWNED a LSClassic though!

Latest posts

Back