Lonestar blowing fuses due to faulty rectifier tube

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glennn

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a Lonestar (not Special). I owned it for about one and a half years when it blew a fuse on me due to faulty rectifier tube (a mesa rectifier valve/tube). about handful of gigs later it happened again.
What happens is that the sound level drops dramatically a few seconds before the fuse goes.
extremely frustrating since this should be a top quality amp. Have anyone had this issue with the Lonestar (with 6L6 tubes in it)?
do i really need to bring a backup amp for every gig??? HELP

Glennn said:
Hi!
I have a Lonestar (not Special). I owned it for about one and a half years when it blew a fuse on me due to faulty rectifier tube (a mesa rectifier valve/tube). about handful of gigs later it happened again.
What happens is that the sound level drops dramatically a few seconds before the fuse goes.
extremely frustrating since this should be a top quality amp. Have anyone had this issue with the Lonestar (with 6L6 tubes in it)?
do i really need to bring a backup amp for every gig??? HELP

Try putting a Sovtek or other non-Mesa branded rectifier in it. The LSS has that problem with Mesa branded 5Y3 tubes. Sovtek solved the problem. That is not a 5y3 in the Classic, is it?

Latest posts

Back