• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ken's Summer Sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken j

Reaction score
I have a number of items that I want to clean out as they are no longer being used. Many are not worth shipping alone but if there are a few items you need, it may be worth your while. As always local pickup is fine on a cash basis. PayPal or check is accepted. Buyer to pay shipping.

Fishman/(Wilkinson) Powerbridge with Powerchip, manual, and George L's stereo cord. This is the hard tail version of the Fishman piezo bridge. It can be used on Strats (with a hard tail), some Teles (the ones without the pickup in the bridge0, Carvins, and possibly some others or your own home project. The Powerchip has a piezo preamp, volume control, and a buffer circuit to allow blending into mono. It will work in stereo and automatically senses what type cable is plugged in. It also has a jumper to change phasing so as not have the bottom end drop out. A trim pot will balance the unit to the same volume as the magnetic pickups. The stereo cable utilizes George L's cables and mono ends but has a Switchcraft stereo end. It is 15' long and is bound together with shrink tubing and then o-rings at the split so that those lengths can be adjusted. This is a low capacitance cable. A three position mini toggle (magnetic/both/piezo), output jack and 9 volt battery lead is included. This sounds best in stereo when couples to the right PA or acoustic amp. $125 SOLD with guitar
IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

JangleBox compression/sustain pedal. The original US made black J-box. This is in very good condition and works well. Complete with original box and manual. $150 SOLD
IMG_1485.jpg

Link to new pedal: http://www.janglebox.com/janglebox_order.cfm?ProdID=26&category=6

]Ibanez Tube Screamer modified for the "Brown sound". Like new. I purchased this new with the modification done by the selling dealer (Guitar Tech). It has a IC socket installed with the original JRC chip. I also have an original Texas Instruments chip included. Some other resistors are also changed for this mod. This does have a smoother sound than the original Tube Screamer in an A-B comparison test. Original box included. $75 7/30 Edit price lowered to $60 plus shipping. SOLD
IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

Parts and schematic to mod an Ibanez Tube Screamer for the brown sound. This is a mod a friend gave me. I don't know the Internet source and don't think it is the exactly same mod as above. This will include an electronic copy of the mod, a Texas Instrument IC (chip), IC socket and resistors. $10 each per kit. Two kits available.
IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

Carvin AB-1 pedal. I never used this. I was originally going to use it between different speaker cabs with my amp. It can also be used with two guitars and one amp or one guitar and two amps. Original box included. $12 SOLD
IMG_1523.jpg

Star Sound 10 gauge speaker cable with oversized ends. Cable measures 39" (1 meter) tip to tip. Excellent condition. Notice the large size compared to a 16 gauge cable. Great for high wattage amps. $5 SOLD
IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

Six 1/4" cable ends. One straight and five 90 degrees. Imported. $2 SOLD
IMG_1496.jpg

Tubes (used for a short time). All tested good on Hickok tube tester:
Fender-Groove Tubes EL84 matched duet Red, Fender part # 099-4003-102. $10 (duet) SOLD
Two electro-harmonix 12AX7EH (Russian) $10 (2 tubes) SOLD
One JJ ECC81 (12AT7) $5
One JJ ECC82 (12AU7) $5 SOLD
IMG_1525.jpg

Schaller locks. Six locking strap buttons 4 chrome and 2 black, also 2 non-locking (brand unknown) chrome buttons. Two black strap locks and one chrome. $12 SOLD
IMG_1510.jpg

Rick 650 chrome pickguard. This was removed from my former 650 when the guitar was new. $12 SOLD
Gibson Les Paul black pickguard, used (has a few scratches) $12
IMG_1499.jpg

Jensen PR12-8 ohm. 12" speaker (ALNICO). $45
Fender Special Design by Eminence 12" 8 ohm speaker. this is the stock speaker used in the Fender American Tubes series and Hot Rod series amps. Blues Jr, Deluxe, & Deville. Fender part #037617. $40
IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

Leslie speaker project. This is a working Leslie that I removed from a home console organ. It would need a cabinet, power cord and a on/off/on switch to operate the two motors. This is two speeds as most Leslies were. I was going to use this with my guitar along with the Carvin AB switch listed above but never got around to it. You may want to put a better speaker in it. This is free-of -charge to anyone who picks it up locally or I will box it if you pay any costs associated with packaging and put in a call for it to be picked up by your shipper (FedEx, UPS, etc). I cannot haul it to a shipper, sorry. SPOKEN FOR
IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

Monsta-Tone said:
I'll take the 1/4" plugs and strap locks if you don't mind shipping Priority Mail!
No problem Andy. I can use a Priority small flat rate box for $6 with a tracker. I will PM my info.
Ken

A note to forum members: Due to health reasons I have not been around in a while. I just want you all to know that in the past I have sold a number of items here and never had an unhappy buyer. Below are some links to previous sales here and on another forum. There is plenty of feedback if you care to read through it. I will probably sell more instruments and parts in the future as I clean things up. I have even sold to local members allowing them to pick up the item(s) at my home. If I recall correctly JimAnsell picked up a 1 x 12" 3/4 back cab from me a couple of years ago. Buy with confidence.
Thanks, Ken

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25376
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14841&start=0&hilit=pristine+DC+5
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20022http://www.rickresource.com/forum/v...2177&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=estate+sale

Price for Tube Screamer lowered to $60 plus shipping. Most likely shipping will be about $15 CONUS, more elsewhere.

The EL84 duet and the pair of 12AX7 (EH) are sold. The other tubes are still available.

12AU7 tube, the Carvin A-B switch and the Rick 650 chrome pickguard are sold.

Ken,

The tubes sound great. I put them in my Egnater Rebel 20, which had EL-84 hardness 3's in it, and the EL-84 7's and EH 12
ax7's are a bigg improvement on the tone of the amp. Thanks again for the great shipping and easy transaction!

Gtr_Pkr said:
Ken,

The tubes sound great. I put them in my Egnater Rebel 20, which had EL-84 hardness 3's in it, and the EL-84 7's and EH 12
ax7's are a bigg improvement on the tone of the amp. Thanks again for the great shipping and easy transaction!
Your Welcome. I thought the EH12AX7's were very musical. I still have two in my Subway Blues along with 2 JJ's.

Back