Just joined the ranks of the Mark 5 owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SachezAUS

Reaction score
Bought a brand new Mark 5 head on the weekend. I've been gassing for one since they came out.

As much as all the switches and knobs can be a littel daunting I found it very easy to find great settings in all 3 channels.
So now I have the Mark 5, Stiletto Ace, Triaxis/2:90, Recto 4x12 angled Cab and a 2x12 Stiletto Cab. I think I have most things covered.

SanchezAUS

SachezAUS said:
Bought a brand new Mark 5 head on the weekend. I've been gassing for one since they came out.

As much as all the switches and knobs can be a littel daunting I found it very easy to find great settings in all 3 channels.
So now I have the Mark 5, Stiletto Ace, Triaxis/2:90, Recto 4x12 angled Cab and a 2x12 Stiletto Cab. I think I have most things covered.

SanchezAUS

Hehe...nice collection of Mesas!!!

Congrats on the New MKV. There is a lot of tone in the Mark V to discover. Right now I am exploring the blues with the MKV. I have spend many months exploring CH3 and CH2. Even the 10watt modes are cool. My ears need a break from the 90W punch. CH2 sounds awesome in the 90W mode.

Have fun with your Amps !

I'm really enjoying my Mark 5.

I have just bought and connected up a mini amp gizmo with the TC electronic nova System. What a diffence this has made. Why I didn't look into this with all my other gear is beyond me.

I give the Mark 5 a massive run this weekend. The only issue I can see is that I will be told to turn the volume down. My answer to that is... I'll just keep turning it up. :)

After that weekend

How does Channel 2 Crunch compare to the Stiletto?
What can Stiletto do more?

I am time to time thinking to buy one

Thanks for an answer

Roland

WARNING: If you like the amp with the stock tubes, just wait until you change them! With different preamp tubes you will get light to moderate tone changes, with different power tubes change may be moderate to heavy. This amp responds well to preamp tube rolling. SED 6L6GC (in my case I am using Groove tubes GT6L6R-2 which are relabeled SEDs) were the best option for power tube replacement (my stock Mesa tubes gave up the ghost in a short time) I could have had them replaced under warranty, but was not impressed with the tone from the STR440, so I started my tone quest a bit early.

I've only had the pleasure of using it once at a gig and I had the cab miced so the amp was set to 45watts and was loud enough to get the amp to sing. I was happy the tone I was getting.
Anyone using JJ's in their Mark5?

Latest posts

Back