JP2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I have a friend who said the exact same thing. I've been sending him progress pictures from the very beginning and that was his comment to me. The key was to use concentrated wallpaper remover to get the old glue off of the cabinets. It took me about an hour to rip the old tolex off, put the remover on, wait 15 minutes for it to soften the old glue up and scrape it off. This morning I sanded any old residue of with 60 grit paper. It's unnecessary to get 100% of the glue off, any restorer will tell if you get 99.999% that last .001% won't hurt the new tolex. To apply the new tolex, I use 3M spray adhesive no. 90 (don't skimp) which gives me time to rearrange the tolex if I need to, which I didn't need to do this time, and it sticks well. Plus, if it comes loose, I can push it back and it usually sticks. Other than that, it is just not getting sidetracked with everything else in life and not seeing it through to the end that can get frustrating. It cost me around $85.00 for the material with $25 of that shipping.
Edit- I have enough extra tolex to do my C++!
Edit- I ordered 3 new "MESA/Boogie" Mark lll badges, my favorite badge style.

Nice look for the JP-2C. I really dig the wooden front

Sadly I now belong to those who sold their JP2C... It was cool, but - especially for the price here in europe - it wasn't quite what i'm looking for. Shooting for an original IIC+ now...

Latest posts

Back