JP2C Settings Thead

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall volume has more to do with the settings than anything else. Low volume requires more gain and I find "shred mode" appealing because it opens the amp up the way volume does. When I get with friends and play at jam volume, shred tends to be an unwanted, "in your face bud", as is pulled presence at high volume. I play with a bright tone that is similar to "Marshall" bright, not "Fender" bright which I find "Poke-in-the-eye" bright.

Side note; If your ears start to tickle, it's too loud, if you, or people around you start to squint your eyes, it's too bright!

Lately, I have had the presence knob turned up to 2-3 o'clock, all knobs pushed in and round out the tone with the GEQ, A/B ing GEQ 1&2 for tone. After switching back and forth GEQs, I'll have GEQ2 set for lead boost and GEQ1 set for my pocket tone. With the presence set high, I use less GEQ, to the point where the amp sounds o.k. with the GEQ off. I then go to ch.1 and set that up based on the type of music I'll be playing that day.

If you play MESA/Boogie amps and don't want to constantly improve your tone, get a different amp that already has it's tone dialed in to the point of it sounds like a _____! Your GEQ needs to be adjusted day to day, room to room, guitar to guitar, etc. as the volume increases.

It's a MESA Mark amp and will sound best at high volume like it's predecessors.

Back