James Hetfield's 2008 rig pix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
Well, partially anyway. Here are 2 pix I took of james' rig in tucson on friday. Interesting to see that he changed from the strategy 400 to the 2:90s :)

2500379928_90e8d803c8_o.jpg

2500378660_2c8c82c2a5_o.jpg

Are you a roadie or something? Backstage passes? You have the most ridiculous pics!!

So is the triaxis still in there? He needs the C+ sound from somewhere...

That's actually his set up from last summer so there are some changes in
his new rig. I'm referring to the above pic, not the initial ones.Looks like the Strategy power amps are gone.

That's actually not a Studio pre, just the chassis unit. That's what they used to build his custom mesa boogie graphic EQ unit for the Triaxis.

Yeah pretty much everything else is the same, other than switching the 400s for the 290s.

as i looked closer at the rig i realized it was the custom eq. i had the same mod done to mine. it sounds great with a real 5 band mesa eq in the loop of triaxis.

immersed said:
as i looked closer at the rig i realized it was the custom eq. i had the same mod done to mine. it sounds great with a real 5 band mesa eq in the loop of triaxis.

IMG_0769.jpg
[/img]

Daaayyyuum!!! :eek:

2 straight stilleto 4x12's and 2 straight jcm 800 4x12's. the marshalls have 2-g12t75/v30's and the other has 4 g12h30's. i have a bottom halfback 4x12 and a couple of other marshall's also. the main sound comes from the mesa/marshall's.

So I was watching the new Fly On the Wall for today(from missionmetallica), and i noticed James was using a Recto-verb combo. Figured this would be the right spot to post it if anyone was interested in knowing this kind of stuff. :wink:

Back