Is the TA 15 the must under-rated amp ever?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dreamtheaterrules said:
So Sparky, how is it with the Black Shadow, compared to your othe favs? I now have a TA30 also, and am considering adding either a TA or Thiele cab with Black Shadow. Wondered how you (and others who have a TA and Black Shadow) like it compared to other speakers.

Hey bud sorry I just saw this. I found the Black Shadow to be a little bright for my taste, but my example is from the early 90s and may be different I dunno. Also I would like to try it in my new Avatar 1x12 too since that one adds some bass, and I will eventually.

I was interested in the Thiele cab also, and it's a great deal for what it is. They manage to keep it small with that design and that speaker seems to be a good match. From what I understand they are directional like a closed back cab can be, but I imagine the added bass goes well with the brightness I found in the Black Shadow. The Avatar 1x12 I have is semi open back and bigger but it's a great fit IMO for the TA-15, especially with the Creamback H75. I can buy a piece to make it a closed back cab but I prefer this so far.

Right now in the Avatar I have a Scumback M75 65W and I really dig it. I like the H75 better but both speakers are quite good, and I'm putting both into that 2x12 of mine sometime soon. I'll rock that Black Shadow in the 1x12 for a spell, then give the Celestion Gold it's turn, but I have a feeling I'll be buying another H75 speaker for it eventually, this time 8 ohms.

I need to try a scumback. I currently have 3 1x12 Avatar cubes. 1-V30 (oval opening), Emi Wizard (closed) and Emi Private Jack (closed). I have the Recto 1x12 V30, a 1x12 Lopo convertible (currently closed) with Emi Governor, a custom made open back with Emi Red Fang Alnico, a generic 1x12 closed with Private Jack, and the Egnator Tweaker 1x12 G12H. Some of these are going to be sold as I prepare for a Mark V down the road. I find the Red Fang is killer with the Vox and Tweed voices. And each speaker does it's own thing and it's nice to mix and match (Hi1 Marshall voice with Private Jack (greenback) etc. But I have been curious if the Black Shadow was a good all around choice or if I should hang on to a couple of these for mix and match purposes.

The Thiele interests me a lot. Love to try one with a EV!

Latest posts

Back