Is it just me or...........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem12

Reaction score
Is it just me or someone else out there noticing about Mark Series problem popping out all over the place.

Well this is definetly a sort of "HELP!" forum - and a danm good one with lots of talented Boogie-friends I must say! :)

Problems come and go.. after all, theese are old amps too!

I guess you would have to define the word "problem" to get an answer to that question. As stated above this forum is meant for people to share insights and experiences with each other on a wide variety of "problems" for lack of a better term. Many times what is deemed a problem is user error or a simple fix such as replacing tubes, trying a different speaker, or using a different eq setting. I have used Boogie's exlusively since 1990 and with (8) different amps in all those years(and hundreds of miles and gigs) I needed tech service only one time for an fx loop problem that cost $50 to repair. I'll put my money on Mesa everytime!
I will also say Mesa's are not plug and play amp designs so I thank God for the guy's on this forum that are willing to take their time to answer questions. No queston is a dumb question including yours and hopefully I have answered it. Good luck in you pursuit of the perfect tone!

Don't forget the thousands and thousands of Mark series and other Mesa owners who, like me, have never had a problem of any kind. I own or have owned the following Mesas:

Mark IVB combo
Stiletto Trident stage I
Stiletto Ace
Blue Angel 4x10 combo
Single Rec Solo 50 head v1
Rocket 44 combo
Rocket 44 head
Road King 4x12 cab
Road King 2x12 cab

Never a sneeze or hiccup from this bunch.

Mesas have very few problems... Extremely reliable amps.

You want to read about quality control issues... go to the Marshall JVM forum... What a joke.

srf399 said:
Mesas have very few problems... Extremely reliable amps.

You want to read about quality control issues... go to the Marshall JVM forum... What a joke.

Haaaa !!!!

My friend just bought a JVM 410 and it smoke out on him within 1 day.

I have had my Mark IV short head for 14 years without a glitch playing regularly (both gigging and heavy practice), except for two operator induced circumstances.

1. Years ago, during practice, I unplugged my guitar, then plugged it back in, without putting it on standby. Blew the fuse. $2 to replace.

I never did that again, and subsequently it hasn't either.

2.Again, years ago, I knocked a knob off walking through a sliding glass doorway :oops: , I definitely never did that again...

On top of that, I played through the exact same tubes it came with until last year without changing them. I decided to retube (power tubes) it when I sent it in to Mesa to finally fix the broken knob.

and OMG did it sound better with the new power tubes :shock: .

I will definitely be doing that again, and more often...

Latest posts

Back