Important Mark IV/Mark V questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fwank

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a question in regards to the Mark IV and Mark V. I suppose this question is geared more towards the people who currently own both or who owned a MK IV and got rid of it and replaced it with a MK V. Here it goes: I currently own a MK IV b (2006 model) and based on what I have heard, I would really like to get a MK V. I cant play one in the store because nobody has a MK V in stock. Anyway, I am in total love with the tones I get from my MK IV, so I am asking, does the MK IV mode on the MK V sound exactly like the actual MK IV? If so, then I will definitely pull the trigger on a MK V. The awesome clean channel along with a MK2 C+ and a MK IV mode in one amp is too much to pass up. While we are on the subject, for those that know, does the MK2 C+ mode on the MK V sound just like a real C+?
If the MK V will do a MK IV perfectly, then I will sell my MK IV to fund the MK V. So at this point I will wait to get some feedback from you tone-nuts here:) Should I sell the IV to fund the V (assuming they sound exactly the same), should I keep the IV and just add the V to my rig, or just keep the IV. Remember, I LOVE the tone from my IV and I dont want to lose it.
Thanks in advance for everybody's input.

Fwank said:
While we are on the subject, for those that know, does the MK2 C+ mode on the MK V sound just like a real C+?

Is that you, Thegaindeli?

I used to own a Mark IV. I find the Mark IV mode on the V to be a little more viscious, in a good way. Pretty much the V is more a modern sound, it's still the Mark IV, you can hear it in there but it's more aggressive.

JOEY B. said:
Make sure that you carry your MkIV with you and compare it side by side with the MkV. Do not make a decision based on memory. And another thing, ASSUME NOTHING. 8)

+1

I sold my IV for the V and was a tad disappointed. I didn't think the IV mode sounded like the Lead channel on my 2006 IVb. The tone was basically there but not what I expected. Don't take the comments as derogatory towards the V. I just couldn't get it to sound like my beloved IV. Other than that, it was a really good amp.

Latest posts

Back