IIC+ mod to Quad?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JD said:
Other Schematic
https://ibb.co/yWt9x5n

thanks a lot JD!
the changes you made to ch2 seems to minimally affect rhy2 and heavily the lead ch2.

Are these for the modded C++ channel you were referring? or are they an improvement over the mark III circuit?
Sorry to bother yet again, just wanted to understand the rationale behind the second part :)

JD said:
Ch2 Has been modded to be closer to the C+ The C++ mods have been left in as per schematic
So Ch 1 is C+ and 2 is C++

thanks JD, if you happen to have any youtube video with the mods let me know, I'll gladly hear them to check out the final result.
I will for sure apply the mods to CH1.
Regarding CH2 I'm hesitant, I like it the way it is, especially the RHY 2 without GEQ is good IMHO for fusion, bluesy stuff, and can bit if pushed with a pedal in front.
Lead2 has a upper mid vibe that I like, seems closer to LEAD2 RED in triaxis, so I'll think about it.

Anyway, thanks again mate, this is really good stuff!

JD said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fFsnZkUESo

****, now I have to ask you what is the master pull that you have added!!! :) :)
which part of the mod is switchable? it didn't look like there was any in the pics!

BTW your quad seems to be stereo modded? i.e. left channel CH1, right channel CH2?

wow again :)

I did a switchable C++ Mod to both channels also foot switchable via jacks.
I had to remove the reverb circuit and reverb/eq mixer circuit and made to full stereo.
Ch1 left Ch2 Right
I removed all ldrs except the lead and eq ldrs as i was having alot of volume issues due to failing ldrs, I installed Pull switches for lead mode both channels also foot switchable vis footswitch jacks.
The footswitching jacks switch between clean and lead, eq on/off and C+/C++ mod.
I got rid of original footswitch as it wont work without the LDRs but made my own footswitch.
I lot of work but worth it.

JD said:
I did a switchable C++ Mod to both channels also foot switchable via jacks.
I had to remove the reverb circuit and reverb/eq mixer circuit and made to full stereo.
Ch1 left Ch2 Right
I removed all ldrs except the lead and eq ldrs as i was having alot of volume issues due to failing ldrs, I installed Pull switches for lead mode both channels also foot switchable vis footswitch jacks.
The footswitching jacks switch between clean and lead, eq on/off and C+/C++ mod.
I got rid of original footswitch as it wont work without the LDRs but made my own footswitch.
I lot of work but worth it.

JUST WOW, I wish I had the skill to even do half of this!
Instead I'll be happy enough just to ge the "static" changes to CH1

if you happen to have the schematic for the "dynamic C++" mod to be added on top of the schematic you have already shared, let me know, I'll ask my tech if he can do also those :)

anyway, great job again.

BTW I feel your pain, I had my tech change all of the LDRs and electrolytic caps with new ones... It costed me a small fortune but it was worth it.

Back