I need some advice!! DO I buy this recto??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zakkfaerum

Reaction score
Hey everyone. It's DUAL RECTO Serial #r-002685. It has an attached power chord and a serial loop. SOme scratches on the tolex and comes with a road case. $1300 shipped to me!! What do you think??

Thanks a lot!!

My amp is a better deal 3 channel recto with roadcase for about the same price :)

j/k

The 2 channel rectos are good but the clean channel kind of blows. The 2 channels have a little more clarity to the distortion and a more pleasing tone but the 3 channel heads can sound similar. Since you have a Tremoverb you will have a little redundancy with the tone so it probably wouldn't be worth it unless you want it as a collector's piece.

Greg

I mean it seems like a pretty good deal, considering it is a brand new $300 road case!!

What is it about this serial number I should know. It appears to have the small Mesa logo as well.

i'm not 100% positive a recto with a 2800's serial number would have a serial loop without looking at a picture.

What he said is kind of true though. It will sound similar to your tremoverb. Slightly different, but very close.

Elpelotero said:
i'm not 100% positive a recto with a 2800's serial number would have a serial loop without looking at a picture.

What he said is kind of true though. It will sound similar to your tremoverb. Slightly different, but very close.

Trust me, it is a serial loop. One knob on it, it's the big knob.

Not to discredit you because I haven't seen it, but rectos efx loops have two knobs.

The way to distinguish a serial loop from parallel is pretty simple...
There will be two small knobs on the back of the amp. One way will say send and if I remember the other says return. A serial loop will only have one arrow pointing to the send and no arrow pointing to return. A parallel loop will have an arrow pointing to both.

I'm not sure about the one knob thing. Do you have a pic you can share?

:?: Wha ?????? :? Elpelotero, you have 2 early dual rec's and they have a one knob pot for the serial loop !

To zakk:
It would be safe to say that is a Revision G, made in early-ish 94 and I believe it would be a great purchase at that price point especially with the roadcase !

I don't know why people constantly slag the clean channel on the early Recto's, my 93 Revision F has an awesome clean tone in clean mode on the orange channel. You have to back off the gain a bit to about 10:00 and crank the channel master to @ 12:00. Granted, it's not super chimey like a Fender but considering this amp can peel paint off the walls with the high gain it's known for, the clean channel is fine.

I'd go for it as long as it has all the cool features you described.

ThunderMonkey said:

:?: Wha ?????? :? Elpelotero, you have 2 early dual rec's and they have a one knob pot for the serial loop !

You're right. I was too lazy to go downstairs and take a look. I've gotten so used to seeing rectos with the two knobs thing. I usually just plug and play and hardly touch any knobs.

Zakk, I would go for the amp.

Latest posts

Back