I got a quad

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrhaze

Reaction score
I needed a Quad to fill the 3 spaces in my rack..

Picture091.jpg

Always wanted to try a quadraphonic rig... :twisted:

I suggest running four cabs and run the centre two dry from one power amp and the outside cabs wet from the other power amp so as to spread things out.... If the cabs are stereo, you could also configure it this way for some.. ahem... more 'portability' haha!

Good luck on finding a Quad!

just bought one today.. so when it gets here my rack is done..
time to start on another..

Congrats! Looks like you've already got a Studio there, so you probably won't be as totally in awe of the Quad as say, I was, when I first got mine, but it's a frackin' awesome piece of kit. I've only had about 5 minutes of experience playing through a Studio and can't really compare them (aside from knowin that there's some serious similarity) but even though I think they may not be the brightest spot in the preamp, the Rhy2 and Ld2 are pretty killer. Rhy2 in the Quad is one of those unsung heroes of guitar tone to me (I don't use it much either, heh, but it's easily the most versatile channel on the Pre and it sounds pretty awesome through all the ranges of possibilities to me; particularly when it's really cranked, the possibilities of a pretty sweet singing/OD lead tone and a nasty sounding crunchy rhy tone are awesome. On my settings, the bridge PU at full bore sounds like a hot-rodded brutal version of old Thin Lizzy-esque crunch, but the Neck PU rolled back a bit is a sweet, singing bluesy lead tone. Mmm.

Altogether I'm jealous, of course. How you liking it, and how do you think it compares to the Studio?

Holy **** that's one sick rig. :O

But WHY did you get both a Quad and a Studio when Quad has everything Studio has?

Hey... I want to make sure I'm covered when it comes to tube tone..
The Studio is a lot easier to use.. or maybe I should say quicker for me.. But I think the quad has a lot more range... I need more time to play with the quad.. now all I need is more cabs..

Holy **** that's insane!
Did ya have to rob a bank to afford all that or? >_>

lots of ot... and one pc at a time.. these things are great investments.. Its better than a 401k or the stock market.. they just keep going up in value. The down side is they sound so good I'll proably never sell them.

Quad thru a 295 is what Holdsworth used to play in the '80s - in which case I know that rig will sound sweet even without hearing it.

Enjoy all the buttons, and flashing lights, and knobs, and more flashing lights.

Just had to have another look.... INSANELY INSANE! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back