I got a MAC!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesallicA

Reaction score
Ive finally saved all my money up (and got myself into a bit of debt :lol:) and bought a powermac dual 2ghz g5, with a gig of ram, and 250 gigs harddrive. i got it for a good price casue im a student :D . but now i can finallys start up a little home studio. ive been mucking around with garage band2, and its actually a pretty good recording program. I love this mac so much!
the other day i tested micing up my dual rectifier, and man it sounds great.
so when ive found my perfect tone and got some songs down Ill be able post clips now, woo hoo!.

I really want to try a MAC but never could afford one. I got a PC.

Then they released the MAC mini about 6 months later. :evil:

MesallicA said:
Ive finally saved all my money up (and got myself into a bit of debt :lol:) and bought a powermac dual 2ghz g5, with a gig of ram, and 250 gigs harddrive. i got it for a good price casue im a student :D . but now i can finallys start up a little home studio. ive been mucking around with garage band2, and its actually a pretty good recording program. I love this mac so much!
so when ive found my perfect tone and got some songs down Ill be able post clips now, woo hoo!.

A wise and sound investment. I've been a mac man for a awhile and they are solid. Solid OS. Solid hardware. Solid and pain free. You pay more but your mac has a long life.
There are many great apps for the mac. Let me know what you might be interested in and I'll see what I can do.

got myself a powerbook a few weeks ago. after a short time with garageband, i declared it completely useless for composition. sure, for recording demo's and whatnot its fine, but the fact that you have to set the time signature and key before you start recording, and then it cant be chagned is a real bummer for me. plus, mixing time signatures in a song just won't happen. good thing i got in on the logic 7 pro recording deal. logic is a masterpiece.
oh ya, congrats on the powermac purchase! wish i could have afforded that kind of horsepower!!

yeah garage band isnt the best prgram but its good enough for now.
and you can change the key and time signiture after recordings as many times as you want. just double click the master track and change it.
but i think i should be getting logic soon.

If'n anyone ever needs Mac help - I'm an Apple technician. The best one around, toot toot!

But seriously. I never toot my own horn 'cept for this. So get in touch with me before wasting $$$ elsewhere - including Apple!

MesallicA said:

My condolences.

dude, ive had the mac for 3 years now, still awesome.

Ive had no problems with it, its crashed maybe a 5 times at the most? other then that nata.

my mac is the first pc ive had thats run fine out of the box with no tweaks... and ive been building and repairing pcs for as long as i can remember... nice to be able to dual boot in to windows now for gaming...

i <3 my 8-core mac pro. OSX for pro tools / logic / cubase. XP for windows only VSTs and sonar.

Latest posts

Back