How do your like this Mark IV sound? Log-ish type content..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixy

Reaction score
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=695461&songID=7637995 (kill or be killed song)

here you can listen a log-ish type of song and mix.Feedback,commets ,critiques - is imperative !:p

sounds good man. i just picked up a mark iv and man.... the thing has my ideal metal tone. loads of saturation but with increadible articulation. :twisted:

Everyone sounds like they are very skilled, but it sounds way too close to LOG in every way. The vocals sound like a deliberate impersonation of Randy Blythe. Just my opinion.

Great metal tone. Very tight and articulate.

Mind posting your settings and what guitar\pups\cab and mic setup you used?

@The Swank: you are very right, and it is ment.
@JohnDNJ:

guitar used was a gibson custom shop goldtop (2003 rosewood edition) with WCR Goodwood in bridge pup.
cab was a mesa rectifier oversized slant 4x12 for 80% of the song and an orange 4x12 ppc with dual rectifier 2channel overdubs .mic was SM57 on axis, slighty off centre of the cone, where it meets the dust cape(about half an inch from the cloth).
settings: full power, triode, harmonics.
pushed presence (7-8)
lead gain:pulled @ 7,5
treble-8
mid-7
bass-2
lead drive -5-6 pushed
EQ in an M shape , 80hz dead on center line, same as 6600hz, 240 little above center line, same as 2200hz, and 750hz slighty under center line.
master output- @4

pixy said:
@The Swank: you are very right, and it is ment.
@JohnDNJ:

guitar used was a gibson custom shop goldtop (2003 rosewood edition) with WCR Goodwood in bridge pup.
cab was a mesa rectifier oversized slant 4x12 for 80% of the song and an orange 4x12 ppc with dual rectifier 2channel overdubs .mic was SM57 on axis, slighty off centre of the cone, where it meets the dust cape(about half an inch from the cloth).
settings: full power, triode, harmonics.
pushed presence (7-8)
lead gain:pulled @ 7,5
treble-8
mid-7
bass-2
lead drive -5-6 pushed
EQ in an M shape , 80hz dead on center line, same as 6600hz, 240 little above center line, same as 2200hz, and 750hz slighty under center line.
master output- @4

thanks a ton.

i dialed that up and will let it rip tomorrow. i think my wife would pretty much kill me if i fired it up now with the kids sleeping. >:)

JohnDNJ said:
thanks a ton.

i dialed that up and will let it rip tomorrow. i think my wife would pretty much kill me if i fired it up now with the kids sleeping. >:)
thats why i sent my wife and baby far away at the seaside so i can fire it up whenever i want >:) hahahahaahah

pixy said:
JohnDNJ said:
thanks a ton.

thats why i sent my wife and baby far away at the seaside so i can fire it up whenever i want >:) hahahahaahah

thanks for the setting :) got that nice "hollow log sound (no pun intended :p )
with a bit of a bass and treb boost and switching it to pentode and mid gain it
turns into "brutal all out assault mode" >:)

pummel that **** bro \m/ :mrgreen: .
usually i dont go for an agressive tone , i enjoy more an agressive playing than the tone itself.
whats funny is that thou i've had my mark iv since august last year i still dont know all it can do and still tweeking and finding new options to go :)

pixy said:
pummel that sh!t bro \m/ :mrgreen: .
usually i dont go for an agressive tone , i enjoy more an agressive playing than the tone itself.
whats funny is that thou i've had my mark iv since august last year i still dont know all it can do and still tweeking and finding new options to go :)

it's awesome how it can go from a devastating, tight, metal tone to a smooth, liquid lead tone with
just a few slides of the eq and the flick of a switch.

im in process of experimenting with some pedals so i can turn r2 into a nasty in your face
rhythm tone. ordering a barber dirty bomb and a bb preamp this week and starting there.
from what i've heard of the barber it should be more then capable of making full use of the
gain in R2 in order to get a nice tight crunchy rhythm and this way i can leave the lead channel
set for those sweet leads.

rock on \m/

Latest posts

Back