Help with LSC how can i get the best sound in channel 2 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Boogie lovers.. I got this lonestar classic and i love the clean side with all the great headroom ect.. but Channel 2 is killing me.. It's way too loud in bypass mode i can't even get it past 2 on the master.. I run the gain about 70% and drive right behind.. I like to use the tubes for my solo but i'll kill em at this volume.. I play clubs not living rooms but even so it seems i can't get it right in channel 2.. Any ideas.. thanks.

Pull the gain back to about 11:00-12:00 and let the drive do the work at 2:00-4:00. That's all the "pig" can do without a pedal to drive it more. The compression at that setting is fairly noticable. And yes, the 2ch vol has a hair trigger and is usually set fairly low. Good luck!

Ok thanks for the information but whats the deal with the effects send or use bypass and the amp is so loud and no way to reel in all that gain and get a good tone.. Tonight it worked ok then power went very low then the fuse blew.. I love boogies but in the last few years seems getting harder to operate and lots of problems.. I bought this LSC on ebay and so now im thinking should i go ahead and ship it all the way back to mesa Main factory.. Thanks for any help..

It's hard to diagnose what's going on with your amp this way. Sounds like a tech should look at it, although you shouldn't have to send it all the way to Petaluma.... if it's still under warranty you might find the closest certified Mesa tech in your area (Mesa has a list on their site). If it's out of warranty, just take it to a good amp tech.

Even if you don't use the FX loop or the solo boost, engaging the loop will help you tame the volume a lot. If you're having trouble keeping the volume down, I highly recommend it. I don't use the loop at all, and I only occasionally use the boost, but the Send level acts like an attenuator and I don't think there's a really noticeable tone suck at all.

Latest posts

Back