Guitar Center Blowing Out Stiletto Deuce / Tridents

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inearthed

Reaction score
Just as heads up to you folks. Guitar Center is blowing out the Stiletto Deuce / Tridents for $850 and $899 respectively (this is cheaper than what the majority of Stilettos are going for on eBay used). Not all Guitar Centers are taking advantage of this, but I know that in AZ, NC, and WA, people have reported seeing the Stilettos priced in this fashion. It is part of the Presidents Day Event they have going on, but I talked to a dude that works at Guitar Center and he pretty much said it was Mesa authorized and they're keeping the pricing that low at that store until they sell them all.

I guess they anticipate the series 2 will wake the old ones oboslete or they don't sell

cpepper said:
I guess they anticipate the series 2 will wake the old ones oboslete or they don't sell

I wonder if the series 1's will end up being more sought after like the old 2 channel Dual Rectifiers? I have a feeling they will. :D

That makes life tough - I was gonna go for an Ace but $850 for duece might be to tempting.

The Deuce and Tridents are head only, the Ace will be a combo or head. I'm thinking about an Ace for later this year, but I most likely will want the combo. However, I liked the Deuce head just fine when I tried it last year. Oh, the dilema...

I saw this.

I really want a halfstack, I have an F-50 right now.

I'm still deciding if I want it and if I do want it, how I will get it because I have no money now.

They are pretty creamy in the tite gain/spongy channel, and crunchy in the crunch.

The cleans are nice too, and they would excel with some chorus/reverb.

My jaw literally dropped when I saw this, I couldn't believe it. Mesa almost never go on sale at GC.

Bought a Deuce on Saturday morning at that price. I'm diggin it - it's like a controlled train wreck in my studio, lol...

The way I see it, if I end up needing to upgrade it:
$110 for the Hollywood Mod, $100 or so to retube - STILL cheaper than used on E-bay.

The bad part: Mrs. Nor is gonna drop $900 on some shoes in Vegas... gotta keep it fair!

:D

nor said:
Bought a Deuce on Saturday morning at that price. I'm diggin it - it's like a controlled train wreck in my studio, lol...

The way I see it, if I end up needing to upgrade it:
$110 for the Hollywood Mod, $100 or so to retube - STILL cheaper than used on E-bay.

The bad part: Mrs. Nor is gonna drop $900 on some shoes in Vegas... gotta keep it fair!

:D

Howdy, Nor. (Michael at JCF here.) For that price, you should be in good shape. $900 for shoes? WTF? :lol:

I spoke with Mesa in regards to the differeces in the Stiletto Series I and the newer Series II. As indicated before, the newer Series II will have slightly tweaked high gain channels, with a little more modern edge and bite. There will be a little more gain on tap, also. It sounds like they were trying to pacify the people who were complaining because they plugged in and expected the amp to be more Recto-ish. The Stiletto Ace will be the exact same as the Series II Duece and Trident models, only being exclusively a 50W model (and shaving a few hundred bucks off the price tag). It isn't so much of an upgrade as it is a different voiced amp.

Personally, I really enjoy the Series I Stiletto. If I wanted the tone more thick and modern, I'd use my Recto. I'm digging the vintage vibe of the Series I, and I think it would surprise a lot of people if they actually took it home and tweaked it for a while. For $850, the amp is a steal.

eaeolian said:
Howdy, Nor. (Michael at JCF here.) For that price, you should be in good shape. $900 for shoes? WTF? :lol:

Yea - that's only two pairs. I'm not the only one with expensive tastes round here...

Silverwulf said:
I spoke with Mesa in regards to the differeces in the Stiletto Series I and the newer Series II. As indicated before, the newer Series II will have slightly tweaked high gain channels, with a little more modern edge and bite. There will be a little more gain on tap, also. It sounds like they were trying to pacify the people who were complaining because they plugged in and expected the amp to be more Recto-ish. The Stiletto Ace will be the exact same as the Series II Duece and Trident models, only being exclusively a 50W model (and shaving a few hundred bucks off the price tag). It isn't so much of an upgrade as it is a different voiced amp.

Personally, I really enjoy the Series I Stiletto. If I wanted the tone more thick and modern, I'd use my Recto. I'm digging the vintage vibe of the Series I, and I think it would surprise a lot of people if they actually took it home and tweaked it for a while. For $850, the amp is a steal.

Just what I was thinking the other day. (about mesa satisfying the people who wanted more recto sound) The reason I went with the stiletto was because I thought it was a little less modern voiced. More gain and a more modern voice sounds like I would'nt like it as much as the series l. Now even more I think the series l's will be missed when they're discontinued. :)

I've confirmed that the GC in Cherry Hill NJ is blowing them out too. I'm more of a recto guy, so the Stiletto isn't for me.

Don't tell me that.

Do I want the lower price (than the Ace) and heavier weight along with greater tube expense...

Seems like as good a thread as any for my first post... :)

The GC in Cincinnati has this going on as well. I really really wanted the Deuce to be my amp, given the deal...alas, it's not what I'm looking for. Dang!!!!

At least the stilettos will get more exposure, whch can only be good for stiletto 1 owners. I am anxious to see what the changes are on the new stiletto 2's. :?

Now this really pisses me off. I paid over $1600 plus tax for a head that
is now selling new for half the price? I think Mesa should refund half
of my money! :evil:

Did anyone see this on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Mesa-Boogie-Stiletto-Deuce-Head-100-W-Dual-Rec_W0QQitemZ7393044656QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What is this guy talking about? Is there some tubes you can put in
and get a different tone or what? Anyone know?

Latest posts

Back