Green Onions, Eggs, and Ham

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiJoe

Reaction score
The classic Booker T. and the MGs entree served with a tasty contemporary side dish.

Epi Dot, Mesa Mini Rec through 1x12 V30, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and the Earthquaker Devices Organizer.

http://soundcloud.com/kiwijoe-1/green-onions-eggs-and-ham

MichaelC4 said:
Very cool jam. I love it when you 'come walking in' at 1:18.
:lol: It was one of those spur of the moment things..."I wonder what that would sound like with the wah?" I was trying to do the original justice while at the same time doing my own thing with it. Glad it connected with you on some level.

Cheers for the kind words, mate.

Hi KJ,

Cool piece. Nice to hear the mini in a different light.

I've searched youtube for Recto amps doing other styles of music instead of 'heavy' but only found a few at most doing anything interesting. It's a shame.

You should do a youtube review showcasing the mini and what it can do. You have good knowledge of the amp. See the link I posted above on the Engl amp for an idea.

Nice job again, Kiwi Joe. You are certainly showing the versatility of the Mini!

This is kinda polar opposite of what I did with mine tonight. I had out the JP12 and went straight to red Modern and ripped for a while. Tomorrow night is "Strat night" though, so I will be exploring cleans and pushed tones.

Dreamtheaterrules said:
Nice job again, Kiwi Joe. You are certainly showing the versatility of the Mini!

This is kinda polar opposite of what I did with mine tonight. I had out the JP12 and went straight to red Modern and ripped for a while. Tomorrow night is "Strat night" though, so I will be exploring cleans and pushed tones.
Thanks, man. I don't really use the modern mode; vintage is more my thing. but that's the thing with the Mini Rec - its versatility; it can fit just about any style. I used vintage for the solos; the Grid Slammer (with the amp on clean) with the Organizer on the keys parts; and clean with some light chorus for the backing chords in the middle section.

Joe,

Yeah the Mini is so versatile, it surprised me when I got it. I "mainly" got it for high gain, Petrucci type tones, etc., and thought I'd be using the Modern mode most of the time. I use Vintage about 2 to 1 over modern but I certainly use all four modes and all of them are SO nice. Heck there is a blues setting in the manual that uses the Modern mode, but with the gain turned WAY down, and it sounds killer with my strats. Just sings with the neck pickup of my Tokai.

A friend me mine came over last week and when he went in my music room, he said "I've never seen a Mesa that small. Is that one of those little "micro" amps I've heard about?" I turned it on Modern, 25 watt, master at about 10:00 and hit a chord. He almost knocked a guitar over he jumped so much! :lol: :lol: He had this shocked look on his face and said "holy crap that little thing is LOUD!" Then I showed him that it wasn't even half way up. :wink:

Latest posts

Back