Got My Reverend Club King HB-B

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewski

Reaction score
I just got my Reverend Club King HB-B in. First impressions: Cool Guitar! I've been playing over the last few days. If your used to playing a Strat, the neck will have you in fairly familiar territory. It's a 25.5 inch scale semi-hollow body with two humbuckers. The neck plays very nicely. Great factory set up. I'm not sure who makes their pickups, however, these fit the guitar tone wise quite well. It has a very full, round, and smooth tone to it. I'm finding the guitar pretty versatile. It'll do a number of types of music really well, if you're looking for a more full sound. I've been playing it mostly on the clean channel of my F-50.

It has a Bigsby on it, which is more for coloring chords rather than dive bombing. This is one of the tightest Bigsby's that I've ever felt. There's no play in it and it doesn't feel mushy. The guitar has stayed in tune quite well. It also came with Sperzel locking tuners, which is a nice touch, and convenient.

Fit and finish is very good, considering the factory direct price on it was $679. There was a couple of very small spotches of black stain on the wine red top. This isn't a big thing, especially considering the price. Aside from that the overall fit and finish is very nice. The binding and all of the parts fit very well and I haven't encountered any other flaws. I'm still looking though. Another nice touch was the spruce top. It's a very resonant and has great sustain.

Physically it's a very large guitar, somewhere around the size of a 335. So far no complaints at all. The controls work very smoothly and quietly. They are pretty much like a Telecaster, with the exception of the bass contour which is directly below and almost forward neck pickup. That's also a nice feature, as you can dial the bass out for additional tone shaping.

Quite honestly, I haven't found a semi-hollow with this many features and with such a nice tone in this price range. I had looked for quite a while. It also has a very nice look all it's own. Next time I get gas for another electric guitar, I'll definitely look at the Reverend site again.

Well, that about covers my first 4 days with it. Oh yeah, it's been a lot of fun to play. :D If any of you had been on the fence from Reverend, it was worth it. I'll probably buy another model, in addition to this one, down the road.

Back