Got my HRG C+ back from Mesa (Gut Shots).

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mreeve25

Reaction score
Here are some gut shots of my HRG C+ amp fresh back from Mesa.

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06780.jpg

Amp sounds amazing!!!

It has the 105pt.

It is a very early C (110xx), that was fully upgraded to a C+ with the RP-11a board in the mid 80's.

It was originally a DRG C, but was fully converted to a HRG at the factory when the C+ circuit board was installed.

Not sure why this was done, but either way it is an amazing amp, in near mint condition, that SCREAMS!!!

think this one is factory C+ with 105? Why is it so enjoyable to look at these pics? looks like you got a new power cord
scott

mreeve25 said:
It has the 105pt.

It is a very early C (110xx), that was fully upgraded to a C+ with the RP-11a board in the mid 80's.

It was originally a DRG C, but was fully converted to a HRG at the factory when the C+ circuit board was installed.

Not sure why this was done, but either way it is an amazing amp, in near mint condition, that SCREAMS!!!

I see that your amp has that "tone sucking" GEQ that gives the amp a slower response to pick attack. :wink: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tone sucking EQ and that tone sucking RoHS solder. :shock:

Lol, for sure!

I am getting a DRG C+, to go with it today!

I am gonna use the HRG for rhythm, and the DRG for lead.

Both amps will have a brand new EVM-12L classic in them.

also all that air in the amp will heat up and absorb tone out of the PCB traces.

mreeve25 said:
Lol, for sure!

I am getting a DRG C+, to go with it today!

I am gonna use the HRG for rhythm, and the DRG for lead.

Both amps will have a brand new EVM-12L classic in them.
If you dont mind may I ask what is it that mesa did to the amp and what the cost was, Id want to send my MKI up for a complete cap job(the whole maintenance smeal). Also do they have different "Tiers" of quality in caps and so forth(I only want the best for my babies), is there one tech thats better that the others,or is it Mike B. that does it.... I know im freeekn rambling now so any info would be appreciated thanks! P.S. the amp looks CLEAN!!!

Hey, yeah, I would send it to Mesa for sure. Mike B. will make it stock and good as new.

The cost for caps and general service of course varies. They will usually tell you a couple hundred bucks.

If you are not getting the tube sockets replaced, I would say $200-$275 plus shipping. Could be more or a little bit less, depending on what it needs.

You have to specifically ask for all the caps to be replaced, otherwise only the ones needing it will be replaced.

I figure, it's there, so just do all of them.

Usually takes 3-5 weeks to get back.

Just to chime in... I own this C+ currently, and I can vouch for its obscene tone. Yes, it's borderline offensive. I bought all three of mreeve's C+'s in March and haven't had a minute to type up a review yet. I've been playing these amps for two months solid!

Latest posts

Back