Got a box from Petaluma, CA What could be inside??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiac272

Reaction score
Well, after more than 6 weeks, I got my amp back from mesa! I have a IIC that was nursed back to it's original form, and of course the "+" mod. All the work done by Mike B. As you guys already know, this thing is loud as F<ck! I have a "2 piece" 2x12 halfback and with a heavy lead tone, and the master barely above 1.5, I thought, man that sounds good. and LOUD! I can't wait to really open it up. Mike B. really is amazing... all the work he did, even on his own time. I'm sure to him it's a cake walk, but to us, it means not having to wonder what the new tech on the job is going to do to my amp. New tube sockets, caps, some resistors, LDR's, cleaned up 'verb tank, oh and the "+" mod. I already had the RP11A preamp board stock so minimal butchery. When I got it, it wasn't distorting at all, and had no "balls". The rest is history. Now I just have to get back to not being disabled. F'N spinal cord tumors... Took my right hand and right leg/foot away. Temporary numbness and paralysis. I found the "Mike B." of neurosurgery, at John's Hopkins in Baltimore. Had surgery 1 year ago (sept 16, 09) and I'm starting to be able to move my fingers, barely. My wrist isn't great, and walking is no picnic. I feel like a 100 year old. lol. My left hand is much better, but I still have trouble with cords. I'll be fine. Another year of recovering... I'll prove worthy to own a IIC+ No pity party here... it is what it is. I'm just thankful I can still... um... you know... like a champ. otherwise, I would be pulling the trigger like... nah, not me. I still have to finish climbing The Zodiac on El Cap, but my real goal in life is to start a thread that spills over onto the next pages here on the BB. :D :D :lol: :lol:

Thanks for looking, and I'll leave you with one pic, until i get more with a real camera.

Scott

890f85f0.jpg

Hey, Scott, I can't even contemplate your situation without tearing up. So, no pity, but I'm sending some extra power your way. Grow strong!

Way to stay strong, brotha! Hope you get a chance to rock out that Boogie soon!

~Nep~

Wow man, just saw the post. My old producer played guitar with just 3 fingers (lathe accident) and he was amazing so I see where you're coming from. Throwing up the horns from down south man!!! All the power to you! Godspeed, zodiac!

God Bless you Zodiac. You'll be able to play something soon, and you'll have a practically brand-new C+ to play through too when you get there! I suggest you unpack it now to give you some motivation. :D

Thanks everybody... I'll get there, I'm not afraid. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!

scott

DOn't forget Django Reinhardt who played with just two fingers!
You can hear how he played with only two...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iJ7bs4mTUY&p=0DCCA656720579F8&playnext=1&index=1

Rare video of Django! Listen to the magic at around the 2:50 mark.
And remember this was 1939!

espmaster1 said:
DOn't forget Django Reinhardt who played with just two fingers!
You can hear how he played with only two...!

That's the first thing I thought of when I opened this thread. That man is an inspiration. He has a lot of skill for being "crippled." :)

Wow, that guy Django could play! very cool video. thanks for that! I saw my neurosurgeon and my last mri looks good. he figured another year to recover, and i should be a lot better. I can al ost play some 4 finger chords, but can't hold a pick or move right wrist yet. no palm muting yet... :( lol... soon though

zodiac272 said:
Wow, that guy Django could play! very cool video. thanks for that! I saw my neurosurgeon and my last mri looks good. he figured another year to recover, and i should be a lot better. I can al ost play some 4 finger chords, but can't hold a pick or move right wrist yet. no palm muting yet... :( lol... soon though
Wow. Hard to imagine. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back