Gibson Les Paul Custom limited edition made in Canada....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared Purdy

Reaction score
This was news to me, though I am not nearly as versed in electric guitars as some of you. I have looked on the net, but was not able to find anything. I was in a local music store today. For the Canadian viewers, that would be Long & McQuade, trying out a Les Paul Traditional, when the sales woman asked me if I'd like to take a look at the "limited edition Canadian made LP". I jokingly asked her if it came with a bottle of maple syrup and a slab of peamean back bacon, and Lordy, wouldn't you know it, it does come with maple syrup ina bottle in the shape of a maple leaf! No back bacon though.

It's a vintage type, with the 50's neck, tuners like those on the traditional, nickle plated hardware, including the PU covers, and a semi gloss finish in a sort of desert burst colour. It's running burst buckers, so it's definately punchier than the Traditional. It's also quite a bit heavier than a Traditional. There's also an engraving of a red maple leaf on the back of the headstock. Regular price was $4000, marked down to $3000. Limited run of something like 700 made.

I then went over to another store (The Twelfth Fret), and they had what looked to be the exact same guitar, with exception of the hardware being chromed, no maple leaf engraving on the back, and no maple syrup.

Does anyone have any knowledge, experience, info on this guitar?

did you see this...

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/7581-gibson-canadian-edition-58-les-paul-vos/

Latest posts

Back