• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa TA-15 (Pre-owned by Frank Gambale!) SOLD!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BathTimeStrummer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got something pretty unique, IMO. Last year, I was in the market for a Used Mesa TA-15 as an upgrade to my "closet rig." I started searching on eBay and scored a deal on one that came with a LoneStar Cabinet and with some pretty interesting provenance. Many of you may know of Frank Gambale, the legendary Australian jazz-fusionist. He's been around for awhile and is known for his sweep-picking techniques and alternate tunings (Gambale tuning).

Anyway, he was given this TA-15 by none other than Randall Smith, himself (founder of Mesa Boogie) as a Christmas present a few years back. Randall was trying to woo Frank prior to Frank signing his deal with DV Mark. According to Frank, he "loved the little amp" but was really not supposed to use it anymore and thus he instructed his assistant to thin the herd around his home studio while he was out touring in South America.

So, I bought it (and didn't pay much more than I would have for other used ones on eBay). He later sent me a signed photo that certified his ownership of it and referenced the serial number. It's in perfect working order (sounds great) and is in very good shape cosmetically. The only notable issue are some light scratches in the aluminum finish on the front (hard to see in the picture and in person, but they are there). Also, the footswitch looks like something that has been stepped on! 8) I'm only selling it because I've got my eye on another upgrade that will allow me to further streamline my closet rig.

It would ship with footswitch, travel bag, power cable, a printed manual, plus the signed picture which proves its authenticity. It's never left my "studio" (as I call my walk-in closet in an unused upstairs bedroom :D). The LoneStar Cabinet is NOT included. Incidentally, the pictured CabClone8 is also for sale. It was NOT owned by Frank. Excellent condition, lightly used (less than 6 months old), all original packaging included SOLD (CONUS shipping/PP on me).

SOLD for the TA-15 Head and I'll cover the shipping and paypal fees (CONUS Only). Thanks!

See http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1528126 for pictures...

I've had a couple of people ask (and I thank you for your interest!), so...

Mesa Boogie Transatlantic TA-15 + CabClone = $925 if you buy them together. I'll cover shipping and Paypal. Also I was advised to let everybody know that my home is smoke-free, pet-free, Islamic-Terrorist-free, and (when it comes to playing guitar) talent-free.

Operators are standing by...

CabClone8 is sold! Also, picked up a Mark V:25 over the weekend, so I'm lowering the price for the TA-15. $675 obo. Shouldn't last long at that price!

Back