• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mark IIC+ Coliseum, Artist Owned, Factory Original

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
I am selling a Mark IIC+ Coliseum Head. This was purchased on eBay 6 years ago. I am the 3rd owner of this amp, to my knowledge. It comes with Ruby preamp tubes and vintage GE 6l6 power tubes, all with relatively low hours on them. It is not Simul-Class, but was artist owned, which I can document and talk about via PM. You can approach Simul tones by putting a 4ohm load into an 8ohm cab with the ½ power switch on.

The cabinet is in an 8.5/10 condition, as there are only a few parts of tolex that have come off the wood, but can be easily glued back on.

The reverb tank is missing—it was not there when I purchased it. No footswitch included either.

This amp has the bright reduction mod, as is usually recommended for a 6l6 monster such as this. It was probably done at the factory. In addition, the artist deactivated the Limit Control knob on the back (this can surely be put back, and I would recommend it as it acts as an attenuator), and there is a jack in the back for the amp to go into Standby via footswitch if desired. Otherwise, this amp is bone factory stock.

After speaking with several forum members, I’d like to ask $6,000, shipping included in the USA. I think this is a fair price considering this A) Is a Coli C+, B) Is artist owned, and C) one of the last Coli C+ I saw sold for $4200 6 years ago. International shipping we’d have to talk about. If you are interested in this amp, please contact me with a serious offer. If I receive no offers by the weekend, it’s going on eBay. If I see I get several serious offers, I’d have to figure out a way for you guys to bid fairly.

As an added bonus, I live 40 minutes away from the Mesa factory, and can have this taken there if you would like to have them give it a tune-up. This would obviously extend the shipping time by a few weeks, and depending on the price they’d charge, I may be able to include it in the $6k.

I have many pictures available that I can provide if interested.

Going to hold it for a while longer. Taking it to the factory soon for Mike to look at it and then I'll let it go. Any interested parties message me.

Back