• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Full Mesa/Boogie Mark III rackmount rig - SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smgrimes

Reaction score
I know I'm committing a sin here, but I'm looking to sell my prized Boogie rig. I'm the original owner, and I just can't bear having it sit any longer. It needs a new home...

The rig consists of:

- '89 Mark III simul-class (green stripe) rackmount head. Near mint condition. I have both foot pedals (needs standard 1/4" cables), and both are in excellent shape.

- '89 Mesa Boogie SUS-4 8U rack cabinet. Minimal scuffing on aluminum edging and corners. All black panels near flawless - there's some minute scratches on one of the removable panels, but the fixed ones are excellent. 2 minor scratches inside on the bottom - only visible when you really try to look inside.

- '88 Mesa Boogie half-back. 90watt Celestion Black Shadow up top, 200watt EV in the Thiele. Extremely good condition - I don't think there's any scratches in the tolex, and a couple of the plastic corners might have a scratch or two. Speakers are cherry.

- No-frills rackmounted power distribution unit.

The thing is killer. Just replaced the EL34s, and the 6L6s are near-new. At least 1 preamp tube had been changed out prior to the amp being "retired" about 10 years ago.

Here's the photos. Please note, the digital delay unit (Alesis Quadraverb) is not included.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

My preference is local pickup (I live in Riverside, CA - about 60 miles outside of LA). This thing's a monster, and I have NO idea how to properly pack and ship the speaker cabinet.

Asking $1500 cash for the whole shebang. Will consider realistic offers, but not looking to trade.

Thanks for stopping by

I've been convinced to do some splitting of the rig. After finalizing, I will be listing the remaining items.

Sales pending on Mark III head and speaker cabinet.

Will still be selling rack cabinet. I'll post new pics of that once I get everything separated out. If anyone's interested, it's as near cherry as anything you'll find, and provides extremely good airflow and shock protection for your gear!

I'm debating what to do with the speakers, and may decide to keep them for future projects.

Back